Likes Likes:  446
Page 20 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Wot u readin'?

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoLunch View Post
    I loved "The Devil in the White City".

Now onto another Erik Larson one, In the Garden of Beasts.
    I really liked Devil in the White City, but was disappointed with In the Garden of Beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by underwatermechanic View Post
    Don't put yourself down they were worth a read. Now you need to write that new one you promised lol
    Thanks
    I might have a go at finishing the latest cat one tomorrow

3. Likes underwatermechanic liked this post
    Blog Entries

bacari

Back to harry Bosch The black echo after that 18 to go
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

Just finished Thomas Harding's The Woodlanders. Just started John Vaillant's The Tiger.

Just finished Ripley Underwater. Less claustrophobic than other Ripley's I've read.
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    I really liked Devil in the White City, but was disappointed with In the Garden of Beasts.

Yes, I can see that. I wouldn't say I was disappointed with In the Garden of Beasts.... though it had a less dramatic plot for sure. Interesting enough to me.

I actually got on a Larson kick and just finished "Thunderstruck". I really enjoyed this. Similar to Devil, you have parallel storylines (which I thought were a bit more mysterious than Devil) and actually came together relatively well in the end. Recommend it.

I just ordered this the other day, and it's been delivered. Unfortunately, I am traveling at the moment but can't wait to be home and read this.

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoLunch View Post
    Yes, I can see that. I wouldn't say I was disappointed with In the Garden of Beasts.... though it had a less dramatic plot for sure. Interesting enough to me.

I actually got on a Larson kick and just finished "Thunderstruck". I really enjoyed this. Similar to Devil, you have parallel storylines (which I thought were a bit more mysterious than Devil) and actually came together relatively well in the end. Recommend it.
    His new book, Dead Wake is coming out in a couple of weeks about the sinking of the Lusitania.

These just arrived

MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.