Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **** Seiko 5 -Modding ideas ****

**** Seiko 5 -Modding ideas ****

Well got an old Seiko 5 I don't wear any more the prices to sell it are a joke would not get anything really back on it (take out the time and fees and what not ) and it would be more trouble then the worth to try .. so was thinking it had a decent charge on it and seems to hold a decent time to .. so feel like a little project so what mods are available for this watch type if any ?

All ideas / links welcome as not seen many for this watch I like thinking just a little mod hands/dial but would listen to other even up to case mods replace maybe so what you got guys / girls

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Greg liked this post
    Not sure what kind of mods are possible but I'll be watching. Interested to see how your project unfolds.

Only mods I've done to mine are adding iyonk straps. That increases their appeal quite a bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

4. Likes is that my watch, iyonk liked this post
    yes indeed Greg know there are a lot of mods for the diver / pilots but not sure for these old 5's so was wondering if others knew
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Do you want to make it more casual? Or keep it dressy?

Here's one option I found on yobokies gallery:

Yobokies Gallery: http://s161.photobucket.com/user/yob...art=all&page=1

7. Likes is that my watch, iyonk, popoki nui liked this post
    strangely enough i am considering a modded seiko at the moment - there are plenty of options out there but i would think a decent bezel -face -insert -hands etc would be a considerable number of times more than the value of this particular donor -the size of this particular model probably limits the modding than is possible with larger cases

Quote Originally Posted by ck1109 View Post
    Do you want to make it more casual? Or keep it dressy?

Here's one option I found on yobokies gallery:

Yobokies Gallery: http://s161.photobucket.com/user/yob...art=all&page=1
    good start not sure really just want to freshen it up got two 5's so this one don't get used so thought change it up and if I like then keep if not sell it as a one off so not sure but don't want to spend loads on it thou

here's my other 5's
    Last edited by is that my watch; Oct 24, 2016 at 09:53 PM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    strangely enough i am considering a modded seiko at the moment - there are plenty of options out there but i would think a decent bezel -face -insert -hands etc would be a considerable number of times more than the value of this particular donor -the size of this particular model probably limits the modding than is possible with larger cases
    yeah got mod divers and the like already but this one was just sitting there and wonder what a new face and hands would look like
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

11. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Back in my modding days I bead Blasted this case with Al Oxide and then cleared it with Teflon and baked it for a friend. I always kind of liked the way it looked, and I don't know what it looked like when he changed the dial and hands.

Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

13. Likes iyonk, is that my watch, popoki nui liked this post
    I'm Sorry to ask ismy.. but the seiko 5 in the first picture seem not 'original', it look like the 'indian copy version', but i could be wrong..

back to the topic.. i'm no modder at all beside strap changing like Greg (i did modded some G-Shocks but just for personal satisfaction since no one will ever notice).. and i especially like your seiko diver mod with yellow accents.. \i do wish i have the skill to change the dial, hands and sapphire crystal on some of my seiko 5... but i can see that would lead to a new 'addiction'
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

15. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    I'm Sorry to ask ismy.. but the seiko 5 in the first picture seem not 'original', it look like the 'indian copy version', but i could be wrong..

back to the topic.. i'm no modder at all beside strap changing like Greg (i did modded some G-Shocks but just for personal satisfaction since no one will ever notice).. and i especially like your seiko diver mod with yellow accents.. \i do wish i have the skill to change the dial, hands and sapphire crystal on some of my seiko 5... but i can see that would lead to a new 'addiction'

to be honest mate not sure if either of the 5's are original but the first is probably deffo from India from the one's I have saw on the bay of late had it a few years but think it was one of the first coming out of there before it was realised they was doing it .. not a hundred percent sure of the bracelet one either think I over paid for both thinking 70's when not

so think I will mod both maybe and move on if I get chance will open both and see what movement it is
    Last edited by is that my watch; Oct 25, 2016 at 08:34 AM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

17. Likes iyonk liked this post