Likes Likes:  32
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the equivalent of $228 American dollars can get you in Canada.

What the equivalent of $228 American dollars can get you in Canada.

Following from the What are you getting serviced thread:

This is what $300 Canadian, $228 USD, gets.

Bracelet- polished to factory original standards.

Case- I have noticed that numerous Diastar 40s seem to be over sintered (?). They are oddly blued in spots. Mine was one. Was. The case is now pristine.

A 2015 tested COSC date only 2836-2 with COSC certificate and test results. Not only that, but it looks exactly like the 2002 Rado signed COSC movement, not any of the more recent variations. Right down to the very uncommon anchor shaped rotor.

A travel case.

Shipping.

There are many things Swatch has done as a corporation that I do not agree with, but on a ersonal level they have always treated me better than I expect.

PB023304 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

PB023307 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

This is the dead movement. The replacement looks identical bar the COSC movement number.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Nov 3, 2015 at 01:39 AM.

Your Diastar looks beautiful, Henry. That is really an amazing deal for all that you got.

3. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    A beauty!!!

someday iyonk... someday...

5. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    Your Diastar looks beautiful, Henry. That is really an amazing deal for all that you got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    A beauty!!!

someday iyonk... someday...
    Thank you Jane and Iyonk. I am very happy to have it back. It is one of the nicest Diastars of all, in my opinion.

7. Likes iyonk, JAGtime liked this post
    Here is a shot of the old movement I thought i loaded in the first post.

And a quick shot of the new one.

PB023308 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

I see there is a bit of protective plastic still on the bracelet. The Diastar 40 is Rados first or second watch with a display back. The Automatic Coupole may have come out slightly before the DS 40.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Nov 3, 2015 at 09:36 AM.

9. Likes meijlinder, FuzzyB, iyonk, CFR, JAGtime liked this post
    That's an amazing deal for the service you got. Somehow, I don't think we would get such treatment in the U.S.

11. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Was anyone else expecting to see a picture of a couple of acres of frozen land?
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    That's an amazing deal for the service you got. Somehow, I don't think we would get such treatment in the U.S.
    I am quite surprised. A basic COA on a Rado starts at $350 according to Swatch Canada. I have also heard that Swatch USA is not as good as Canada. Having used both offices now, my T-Lord was serviced in Toronto, I can recommend them both.

14. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Yeah, it costs a little more southof the border. But then, they don't use moose fat as a lubricant either.

16. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Very nice. Love the dial and hands.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

18. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post