Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Senna or Schumacher?

Senna or Schumacher?

Over one lap or for pure entertainment watching him drive, Senna.

Over a race or a full seasons an CERTAINLY if I owned the team Schumacher, Prost also...

Blog Entries
    Senna. The purity of his spirit is something the sport doesn't have today. You can tell he was a guy who loved not only to race, but to drive and compete. F1 drivers these days are business cards. They drive the company car at work and drive the company car on their way home. I mean, Lewis Hamilton's personal car used to be a Mercedes GL or something like that. Atrocious.

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Schumacher. I loved his ruthless efficiency. Though it's been great to be part of a generation that got to see both of them race.

4. Likes iceman66 liked this post
    I think this is a classic case of the heart saying Senna and the head saying Schumacher. May not be too many years before people stert mentioniong Vettel in such debates either.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    May not be too many years before people stert mentioniong Vettel in such debates either.
    Not if he continues to take a beat down from team mates not named Alonso or Hamilton (the 2 drivers on the grid that is would be reasonable for Vettel to scrap with).

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Senna. The purity of his spirit is something the sport doesn't have today. You can tell he was a guy who loved not only to race, but to drive and compete. F1 drivers these days are business cards. They drive the company car at work and drive the company car on their way home. I mean, Lewis Hamilton's personal car used to be a Mercedes GL or something like that. Atrocious.
    While I agree with some of what you say I think Michael enjoyed winning as much or more than Senna, though I think Senna may have enjoyed driving more. Shumi was known for grinning with joy on the podium and his signature jump, even "conducting" the Italian national anthem until admonished for it.

So I understand your team and your money involved you would build your team around Senna? I know a lot of my F1 friends say it but I really wonder if it is true if the money was really on the line, he was very much a checkers or wreckers kinda guy, driving over his head even with a huge lead, ala Monaco.

Senna is God here. Schumacher is just a brilliant pilot who need not face the giants Piquet , Prost , Mansell and Lauda.
    And do not ask about Pelé and Maradona��.

9. Likes Chicolabronse liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    While I agree with some of what you say I think Michael enjoyed winning as much or more than Senna, though I think Senna may have enjoyed driving more. Shumi was known for grinning with joy on the podium and his signature jump, even "conducting" the Italian national anthem until admonished for it.

So I understand your team and your money involved you would build your team around Senna? I know a lot of my F1 friends say it but I really wonder if it is true if the money was really on the line, he was very much a checkers or wreckers kinda guy, driving over his head even with a huge lead, ala Monaco.
    Schumacher did enjoy winning much more than Senna.

Do you remember the time Senna won and whined and whined about how terrible his car was? Prost finished second or third, maybe in a Williams. He turns, looks Senna in the eye. " My car worked perfectly. Would you like to trade?"

Senna. As others have said - the man was the archetype of the passionate driver. He loved what he did, and he did it with every ounce of his being - and he'd say more than a few ounces of something that wasn't his being.

Schumacher was always too clinical and precise for my taste. In interviews he always seemed to approach racing as a job - a vocation even - but not a passion. The greatest, and perhaps the first, of the current generation of drivers that Raza mentioned above. But he can't hold a candle to Senna in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by thewalrus View Post
    Senna. As others have said - the man was the archetype of the passionate driver. He loved what he did, and he did it with every ounce of his being - and he'd say more than a few ounces of something that wasn't his being.

Schumacher was always too clinical and precise for my taste. In interviews he always seemed to approach racing as a job - a vocation even - but not a passion. The greatest, and perhaps the first, of the current generation of drivers that Raza mentioned above. But he can't hold a candle to Senna in my book.
    I totally agree but Schumachers ruthlessness made him the more winning driver.the passion and emotion of Senna led to mistakes (that's not denegrating him- he is a legend)
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

13. Likes ilitig8 liked this post