Likes Likes:  61
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Totally unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Very cool, and what a thoughtful gesture by your friend.
    He's a really great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Looks great. Really great of your wife to surprise you with it.

-- Wayne
    She is pretty great.

3. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    nice gesture from the Mrs Henry- as you say these ceramic Rado's are indeed a heavily faked watch which unfortunately takes the pleasure out of wearing one for me
    It is a real problem. I think in some places you are more likely to encounter a fake Rado than you are a real one. Around here both are really rare. Locally I have only ever seen one fake Rado on Kijiji and one or two real ones.

5. Likes shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    It is a real problem. I think in some places you are more likely to encounter a fake Rado than you are a real one. Around here both are really rare. Locally I have only ever seen one fake Rado on Kijiji and one or two real ones.
    and actually externally they can be very good fakes too!

7. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    They have made a few models over the years. The first Autoquartz model from Rado was the Accustar dating from the late 90s. Here's mine. It has never been serviced and may have been run over by a motor vehicle. It is the slightly newer Autoquartz with the rechargeable battery rather than the capacitor. The power reserve is only a couple of days now, rather than 106, but that isn't too shabby for a battery that is around 15 years old.

P4060425 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

P4060417 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

That's very cool, but it's the digital one that tickles me as it is so delightfully redundant!

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    and actually externally they can be very good fakes too!
    The best fake Rados are visually indistinguishable from the real ones. It's only when you pick them up, or look inside, that one can tell.

10. Likes shameless, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That's very cool, but it's the digital one that tickles me as it is so delightfully redundant!
    It is really fun. Frank and I have talked about those models a few times.

Very cool watch and a rear gift from a friend! What's not to like?

That watch really does scream modern Rado.

13. Likes iyonk, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Very cool watch and a rear gift from a friend! What's not to like?

That watch really does scream modern Rado.
    Of those three Rados, the Integral,the Ceramica and the Sintra, the Ceramica would probably have been my last choice, but it is incredibly comfortable and I like it's inherent oddness on the wrist more than I thought I would.

I don't think I realized how much most smart watches and fitness bands look like 1980s and 90s Rados and at least one 1970s one.

15. Likes FuzzyB, JAGtime, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    I LUV it! yes i remember in the early 90's that model is awesomely popular in my city...

any wrist shot yet Henry?
    Name:  P6032217.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  50.7 KB

17. Likes CFR, mlcor, JAGtime liked this post