Likes Likes:  102
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-issue watches

Re-issue watches

I notice I am having an inclination towards watches that are re-issue, over that of newer designs. There are currently quite a few that interest me:

JLC Geophysic, JLC Tribute to Polaris, JLC Reverso Tribute to 1931, Omega Sea Master 300, Speedmaster Mark II (I am only listing those that I can afford, without losing an arm or a leg...)

However, no matter how much I like them, it is almost impossible for me to accumulate all these pieces. But, I still need to find a way to fulfill the “want”. I have currently three in my collection that loosely fit into what I term as “re-issue” or remake.

LLD
    Name:  LLD.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  180.0 KB

Longines Mono-pusher Chrono 180th Anniversary

Name:  Longines 180 Wrist.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  40.2 KB

Tudor Black Bay

Name:  Tudor Wrist 2.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  46.7 KB

So, here is my question for members here. What are some re-issues that you would recommend, that is less than US$3,000, and only new?

I have gathered a few for a start, though not all are to my liking (following pictures are taken form the internet):

Vulcain 70s

Name:  Vulcain 70s.png
Views: 331
Size:  344.0 KB

Grand Seiko has a few, and this looks interesting *SBGV009 or SBGV011

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 10.45.53 am.png
Views: 211
Size:  377.5 KB

Seagull resissue 1963

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 10.39.22 am.png
Views: 215
Size:  290.4 KB

Hamilton Europ
    Doxa

And of course, some of the heritage collection from Longines, and this is just one of them that I am eyeing on:

Name:  Longines Heritage Diver.png
Views: 942
Size:  59.3 KB

Thank you in advance.

2. Likes MHe225 liked this post
    Well, not exactly re-issue, but inspired - Longines Telemeter (quite affordable)

Name:  Longines_13ZN.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  228.0 KB

Name:  L_Rtj.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  332.7 KB

The "inspiration" - pics from www - and quite common of a certain epoch (as you can see from the pic of the Berthoude) and the current model

Name:  Longines Heritage_Tele 2.JPG
Views: 483
Size:  276.0 KB

Name:  Longines Heritage_Tele 3.JPG
Views: 245
Size:  449.6 KB

But you already have the Longines 180th Anniversary......probably not a good idea (?) after all.
    Last edited by CFR; Jan 22, 2015 at 02:21 AM.

4. Likes Nutty28, JAGtime, Jazzmaster, londonflash liked this post
    At Basel Seiko will have re-issues flowing out of every orifice you care to mention. It's Grand Seiko's 55th anniversary since the cal. 3180 was released, Grand Seiko's 5th anniversary of the cal. 9S65, and the 25th anniversary since Grand Seiko made a watch with a blue dial (probably?). Sit back and wait I say

6. Likes Nutty28, Seriously liked this post
    Does the Jenny Caribbean reissue interest you at all? About $1200 either on rubber or beads of rice bracelet.

http://www.jennywatches.com/CARIBBEA...ack.htm#mydiv5
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

8. Likes JAGtime, Nutty28, MHe225 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Well, not exactly re-issue, but inspired - Longines Telemeter (quite affordable)

But you already have the Longines 180th Anniversary......probably not a good idea (?) after all.
    Thanks, C. I think they looked different enough to get my attention. There are a couple fem Longines that are also quite nice...of which I think you own one or two of them. The Longines Flagship Heritage, The Conquest Heritage....so many to chose from.....

Keep them coming...

10. Likes CFR liked this post
    Blog Entries
    The new Zodiac Sea Dragon is nice.

And Hamilton bring out a range of re-issues on a regular basis.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

12. Likes Nutty28, Uber, JAGtime, DJW GB, rfortson liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    At Basel Seiko will have re-issues flowing out of every orifice you care to mention. It's Grand Seiko's 55th anniversary since the cal. 3180 was released, Grand Seiko's 5th anniversary of the cal. 9S65, and the 25th anniversary since Grand Seiko made a watch with a blue dial (probably?). Sit back and wait I say
    I am actually looking forward to it. There are a couple of their current line-up that really appeals to me (besides those two mentioned). Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Does the Jenny Caribbean reissue interest you at all? About $1200 either on rubber or beads of rice bracelet.

http://www.jennywatches.com/CARIBBEA...ack.htm#mydiv5
    I like colours on my watches - not too loud, but enough to grab attention. Like the combination. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teeritz View Post
    The new Zodiac Sea Dragon is nice.

And Hamilton bring out a range of re-issues on a regular basis.
    The Blue dial looks amazing! Yet, the green adds some retro feel (along with its casing). Hmm.... more options, that is what i am looking for. Thanks

Blog Entries
    I tried the blue one on yesterday. Nice. Around $1300AUD, probably a more realistic price in the US. However, after my most recent purchase, I'm not looking at watches for quite some time.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

Timefactors do a number of reissues. This one is 395 GBP ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

16. Likes Nutty28, Uber, uchinanchu, JAGtime, Chase liked this post
    Tudor Heritage Ranger? Although I'm afraid this is not your type of watch, right?!

Name:  1396309561752.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  312.0 KB
    (pic from hodinkee)