Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Zenith Elite

New Zenith Elite

Hmm. I'm a big Zenith fan, and I like the simplicity of the design, but I think this one might be too big at 42mm--that's a lot of empty dial. Would have preferred a small seconds instead...

Name:  Zenith 6150.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  34.1 KB

Hodinkee story here:

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/the-zenith-elite-6150

2. Likes iyonk liked this post
    So pleased to see a company having the guts to leave space on a dial! Central seconds and no date!! Is the tide finally turning?!

Dunno, but I think 39mm would have been a better choice. Still large for a dress watch, but not so much of a vast expense of emptiness on the dial...

5. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Dunno, but I think 39mm would have been a better choice. Still large for a dress watch, but not so much of a vast expense of emptiness on the dial...
    Difficult to judge from stock photo, but that texture isn't so much empty as uninterrupted

Time will tell. (No pun intended)

No price shown, of course, but if it's similar to past Elites, I'd guess it should be well under $10k in SS.

I beat you to it by 1 minute! I'll merge your thread into mine 😉
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

9. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Perfect size and well balanced dial. Looks like a winner.
    Cheers,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Hmm. I'm a big Zenith fan, and I like the simplicity of the design, but I think this one might be too big at 42mm--that's a lot of empty dial.

Sure is. Your eyes have no focusing point with large and sparsely-populated dials.

Blog Entries
    42mm is a ridiculous size for a watch with that refined of a dial. Which is an utter shame because I like EVERYTHING else about the watch. Before I read what the size was, I thought Zenith pulled off a masterpiece.

Blog Entries
    I am with Der Amf on this one. Besides, 42 mm is a good average size for current times, IMO.

Cheers!

Dan