Likes Likes:  56
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches and wonders releases thread

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    These are my favourites, from what I’ve seen so far -
    Maybe my sarcasm meter is broken, but that Zenith screams "I wanted a Patek but couldn't get one." JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    New Lange Odysseus chronograph. Interesting mechanics--the pushers operate the centrally mounted chrono seconds and minutes when the crown is screwed down, when you pull the crown out, they operate the day and date. Only 100 will be made, so if you want one...oops, too late!
    Most impressive watch at the show, and it's not even close. Again, JMO.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500 | Sinn 356 Klassik | Sinn 856S UTC | Sinn 1746 Klassik | Sinn 6096 Finanzplatzuhren
    Instagram: @_radharc_

Love the Ingenieur but wow IWC really wants to go upscale with that price . . . . The Rolex dress piece in white gold is also looking really good but the wait for one may be longer than what little time I may have

3. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Radharc View Post
    Maybe my sarcasm meter is broken, but that Zenith screams "I wanted a Patek but couldn't get one." JMO.

I have no insight into what disappointed Patek buyers buy instead of a Patek, but would guess that they might turn their attention to something different, rather than a substitute.

I just look at the Zenith and like it. With a spare £6,700 in my pocket, I might be hightailing it to the Zenith shop, with very little thought of Patek in my mind (or none, probably). If I had another £1,200 spare, I might buy a Defy Skyline instead, if I found I liked it better. Either way, I’d come out of the shop pleased as punch with my new watch.

5. Likes Radharc liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I gather "superlative chronometer" is Rolex's term for watches that exceed official chronometer standards. A Google search suggests they've been using this term since the 1950's.

Rolex doesn't need any aesthetic or marketing advice from me, but I personally find that term a bit awkward and clunky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Radharc liked this post
    I agree fully, but luckily it’s such a small font on the dial that my old eyes don’t really see it. 🥸

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    I gather "superlative chronometer" is Rolex's term for watches that exceed official chronometer standards. A Google search suggests they've been using this term since the 1950's.

Rolex doesn't need any aesthetic or marketing advice from me, but I personally find that term a bit awkward and clunky.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Colour scheme the same. Not as thick. New bracelet with adjustable clasp.

Yes.
    Shame. There was a white gold Cellini I rather liked after trying it on in Hawaii. And it was a cool $9,000 less than this one, as I recall. 23K is asking a lot for Rolex for me, even if it is a precious metal. I mean, that’s Royal Oak money, isn’t it?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

This is £200 less than a daytona. Sad times for non-loaded watch fans. First mechanical, hi beat. Name:  Screenshot_20230328_174751_YouTube.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  32.4 KB
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

There was this one. Love the colour, and the watch may be Rolex’s finest.

Name:  E5A343D9-8E48-4E49-BED7-3C0A2FEDFFEB.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  81.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Shame. There was a white gold Cellini I rather liked after trying it on in Hawaii. And it was a cool $9,000 less than this one, as I recall. 23K is asking a lot for Rolex for me, even if it is a precious metal. I mean, that’s Royal Oak money, isn’t it?
    Umm, not unless you want a women's version...

I wouldn’t say no to one of these, but it wouldn’t make much sense next to my blue Black Bay 58.

Name:  D9395869-35DA-4AB8-AFE3-999774888C8F.jpeg
Views: 92
Size:  213.4 KB

There’s something slightly odd about a dive watch without its bezel on a jazzy bracelet - and that’s why I like it.

Nicely offbeat, and a nice range of sizes - 31/36/39/41. 36 or 39 for me.

14. Likes Raza liked this post