Likes Likes:  4,419
Page 434 of 662 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484534 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 6616

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

i put this on mine when new or after polishing the headlights. Seems to keep them from fogging.

Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by pacifico66 View Post
    I double down on that description I had one as a dealer provided loaner and it was terrible rode like a shopping cart and seats hurt my back I guess if you want bland and uncomfortable I recomend it

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    I had one as a rental a few years ago. Seemed equal to the rental Hyundai small SUV... Nothing great. We had the more recent model as a loaner rental car that I did not like, but my wife liked the size and the driving position. Looking at the local dealer new $28K vehicles are selling for $18K. Thats a lot of incentives and rebates. I though Jeep was FCA's hot brand? That may be just for real Jeeps like the Wrangler and the Gladiator. Grand Cherokees seem to have a good following. Most of those were designed while they were part of Daimler.
    Cheers,

Michael

For the guys who like to detail their own cars - what is the best product, in your opinion, to keep your tires looking black and lasts the longest?

Quote Originally Posted by G07 View Post
    For the guys who like to detail their own cars - what is the best product, in your opinion, to keep your tires looking black and lasts the longest?
    Bubble wrap? Sorry, couldn't resist.

5. Likes Samanator, G07 liked this post

The cars and bikes thread!

I use this which I buy in cases from a detail supply company.

What not to use is anything like this Sonax junk. It flings off and covers everything behind the wheels. Guys on the Jag forum raves about it. It does last but you need to wash the car again after a trip down the street. Any jell product avoid. They fling off.

This is always the last step of the car wash, and always done out in the street so I don't have glossy half moons on the paver driveway.

I'm a touch free fan:
    Wash routine is Chemicial Guys Diablo Wheel cleaner for 5 minutes
    Pressure wash car with water to remove bug, sap, heavy dirt...
    Foam Cannon on pressure washer (Chemical guys low PH car soap)wash car and the wheel wells...let sit for 5-10 minutes
    Pleasure wash the soap off
    Deionized filtered water rinse
    Dry with a detail blower
    Coat tires
    Wipe out interior with a synthetic chamois...Cleaners and leather products when needed.
    No rag or scrubber ever touches the paint of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Samanator; Mar 12, 2020 at 10:23 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

7. Likes G07 liked this post
    Eh? What colour are yours?!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Eh? What colour are yours?!
    Dull black.

Blog Entries
    So, my dead battery issue was......a bad battery. I jumped it, drove to an Autozone, and it died five minutes after I turned off the engine. That’s replaced and everything feels normal again. Due to the discharge, though, my car had some systems not work on my drive over there. DTC was off, which wasn’t too bad since it was only a little wet out at the time, power steering wasn’t working, and it’s possible my ABS wasn’t working either. But, all that stuff cleared and seems to be working again. And it was such a beautiful day, I got to drive with the roof down and even though I was stuck in traffic for an hour and a half for what is normally a 30 minute drive, I fell in love with the Z4 all over again. I immediately scrapped all my plans to sell it.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

11. Likes happyscrappyheropup, mlcor liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I never use tire shine. It’s a holdover from when I drove cars with taller sidewalls and had friends with taller ones still; if your sidewall rolls over at all, the whole wheel will lose traction because tire shine is so slick. Happened to my friend’s Buick all the time. It’s probably not a concern when my car has like a 25 or 35 aspect ratio, but still.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Hopefully picking this up in the next few days

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
    Check you my youtube channel - Blanchy Talks Watches