Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOTC part 1: my desk divers (enjoy!)

SOTC part 1: my desk divers (enjoy!)

Figured today was a good day to post an sotc. My collection is basically divers and "others" so I'll post this in two parts.

Today in part one, for your viewing pleasure, I present my collection of divers.

Moray

Pelagos

Skin diver

1200t

Di300

Black bay

PO

Hydro conquest

Reef ranger

LLD Date

I'm always looking out for cool dive watches, so if you think you know of one that would fit in please do tell

Happy Saturday everyone!

Dan

Sent from my blackberry (just kidding!)
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.

That's a superb collection of divers

3. Likes chicago, mlcor, gnuyork liked this post
    I love a SOTC Will you be talking us through them later in the thread?

An excellent collection of divers! That Longines especially is very nice and not often seen.

Where to next? Tudor is representing the Sub family but a Rolex sub, maybe a vintage one would be the ideal capstone to top off the collection.

The Ball and the Doxa kind of makes me think you might like the Bremont Supermarine too.
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

Nice collection

Intrigued by the rubber straps - What are they ?
    I'm a bit of a bracelet kind of guy, but lately getting accustomed to the rubber strap on my Aquatimer; and there's a risk of me 'coming around' to the comfort of a decent rubber strap for some of my watches
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I love a SOTC Will you be talking us through them later in the thread?
    I figure'd I'd like the photos speak for themselves But I will say this, of the watches:

Moray - Great watch. Very heavy, more than expected. Feels really good. Bracelet is especially nice and unique. The diver extension on the clasp is really nice, too. This is the 42mm one.

Pelagos - I miss the bracelet, might have to put it back on sometime soon.

Skindiver - Spent 12 months on my list before I pulled the trigger. Happy I did. The watch is great, but the bracelet is just heavenly. It's super, super comfortable due to the small links.

1200T - Doxa. Need I say more? Seriously, this is my favorite diver. I have to force myself to keep it out of rotation.

Planet Ocean and Black bay - Both of these are long time favorite of wises everywhere, this one needs no explanation. I'm especially a fan of the PO - one of the most comfortable divers I own. The black bay's leather strap/deployant is freakin' great too.

Hydroconquest - I really like this watch and bracelet combination. The lume is weak IMHO for a dive watch though.

Boschett - This is probably the best bang for buck diver on the market. I'm not a fan of the stock bracelet but its great on all kinds of straps.

And that leaves my LLD - This guy has been through a lot with me. I've beat it up pretty bad over the years. It was magnetized for a while. Lots of scratches. It still ticks and works great -- and is due to be back in rotation soon!

That's about all I can ramble about a bunch of watches. Hope you guys like Part 1. Part 2 is coming tonight with "the others"

Dan
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.

8. Likes Der Amf, mlcor, Nutty28 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tempocalypse View Post
    An excellent collection of divers! That Longines especially is very nice and not often seen.

Where to next? Tudor is representing the Sub family but a Rolex sub, maybe a vintage one would be the ideal capstone to top off the collection.

The Ball and the Doxa kind of makes me think you might like the Bremont Supermarine too.
    I do love the Supermarine - it's a fantastic piece. And I love Bremont. Maybe one day

For some reason the Rolex sub doesn't do it for me in person. I love looking at photos of it, but I always feel underwhelmed when I hold one.

And then I wonder...do I really need anymore dive watches?

I'm a huge fan of both rubber and bracelets... Most of the rubber straps you see are strap/deployant combos that I picked up from Amazon.
    I'm not a huge fan of Tang buckles if they can be avoided so I always try to get a deployant when possible.

To find the perfect ones, I kind of went on a buying spree of these, this is what I came up with:

The one on the LLD is this one: (the rubber is really soft but the butterfly deployant is my last favorite of them all)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one that is on the PO:

And this one is on the Pelagos: (titanium clasp with a T on it too )

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Nice collection

Intrigued by the rubber straps - What are they ?
    I'm a bit of a bracelet kind of guy, but lately getting accustomed to the rubber strap on my Aquatimer; and there's a risk of me 'coming around' to the comfort of a decent rubber strap for some of my watches

11. Likes rfortson, crownpuller liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    I do love the Supermarine - it's a fantastic piece. And I love Bremont. Maybe one day

For some reason the Rolex sub doesn't do it for me in person. I love looking at photos of it, but I always feel underwhelmed when I hold one.
    Have you ever handled a vintage one though, with a domed acrylic... thats really quite something else compared to a modern sub, and I would think right up your alley given the vintage inspired Tudors you have. Anyway looking forward to the other half!

Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post

And then I wonder...do I really need anymore dive watches?
    Can't have too many! A good diver is probably the most versatile style after all.

Instagram: @tempocalypse

13. Likes geoffbot, gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tempocalypse View Post
    Have you ever handled a vintage one though, with a domed acrylic... thats really quite something else compared to a modern sub, and I would think right up your alley given the vintage inspired Tudors you have. Anyway looking forward to the other half!

No I have not but I will now first chance I get nice lookong photo!

Sent from my blackberry (just kidding!)