Likes Likes:  44
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I finally figured out ...

I finally figured out ...

my most hated watch "feature".

And boy, do I feel dumb for having taken YEARS to understand (not quite appreciate, however) .the dreaded "Three Date Window".

Not mine:

Every post about most hated design/feature/whatnot, it comes into my mind immediately. I refuse to even remotely consider ever buying a watch with one.

And then, yesterday, I couldn't remember the date. I looked at my watch - exactly quarter after something and the big fat sword minute hand blocked the date completely (I checked my phone - handy devices those). Several hours later and the exact same scenario was played out again. Bright and early this morning my wife asked the date and - Bingo - exactly 15 minutes after seven AM and I couldn't see the damn date.

And then, it came on me like a freight train bearing down on a car load of teenagers stuck on a railroad crossing - during that few minutes every hour a hideous 3 date window would allow me to know the date.

I just can't figure what took me so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post
    my most hated watch "feature".

And boy, do I feel dumb for having taken YEARS to understand (not quite appreciate, however) .the dreaded "Three Date Window".

Not mine:

Every post about most hated design/feature/whatnot, it comes into my mind immediately. I refuse to even remotely consider ever buying a watch with one.

And then, yesterday, I couldn't remember the date. I looked at my watch - exactly quarter after something and the big fat sword minute hand blocked the date completely (I checked my phone - handy devices those). Several hours later and the exact same scenario was played out again. Bright and early this morning my wife asked the date and - Bingo - exactly 15 minutes after seven AM and I couldn't see the damn date.

And then, it came on me like a freight train bearing down on a car load of teenagers stuck on a railroad crossing - during that few minutes every hour a hideous 3 date window would allow me to know the date.

I just can't figure what took me so long.
    But...but...how will you know the DAY?
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

3. Likes ljb187, scott59 liked this post

[...] understand (not quite appreciate, however) .the dreaded "Three Date Window".
    I'm with you, here.

Cyclops - don't like it, period.

But I just know someday in the future when the eyes have gone, i'll look at my watch (well squint at it) and think dammit!

6. Likes popoki nui, BlackNomad liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post
    But...but...how will you know the DAY?
    Edox has that covered!

8. Likes CFR, Steppy, synequano, ljb187, JAGtime, Colin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    Cyclops - don't like it, period
    This

But I just know someday in the future when the eyes have gone, i'll look at my watch (well squint at it) and think dammit!
    No, I will still say what an awful abomination the cyclops is/was. I will think dammit I'm glad I still didn't buy one.

3 date window
    I still don't , I see them ..... but I just think

I'm over the 3 date window now, I'm now fully hating the 3 Day window that Donf just posted !!

11. Likes FuzzyB, Donf, JAGtime liked this post
    Edox has that covered!

What ON EARTH are they thinking ??, somehow one week Tuesday ISN'T gonna follow Monday ?

and like, the 6th ISN'T gonna follow the 5th sometimes ????

.the dreaded "Three Date Window".
    Totally agree. I have passed on buying a number of watches because of this eyesore.....
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    What ON EARTH are they thinking ??, somehow one week Tuesday ISN'T gonna follow Monday ?

and like, the 6th ISN'T gonna follow the 5th sometimes ????
    That's a good point! What's Donf gonna do with his 3 date window on the last day of a month with less than 31 days? Complete confusion!