Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of Schauer?

The Return of Schauer?

So I was playing on Stowa's website the other day and it looks like Schauer watches are back. Jorg Schauer took a break from producing Schauer watches a few years back to focus on the Stowa lineup. Apparently he still sold them in the Japanese market, but it has been a while since they were offered for sale elsewhere.

Jorg is celebrating the 25th anniversary of Schauer watches this year, which may explain the availability of the watches again. The 25th anniversary is accompanied by a raffle with the prize being a Schauer chronograph for one lucky person. According to this special page on Stowa's website, Jorg is making a limited number of Schauer watches available under the slogan "Schauer for Stowa."

I'm glad to see Schauer making a return to his eponymous watches. There are currently 6 Schauer models available.

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 8.44.46 PM.png
Views: 368
Size:  250.9 KB

I'm hoping that Jorg will continue to introduce additional Schauer models. In addition to the rose gold-handed Einzeger, another line I'd like to see him revisit is the Digital. If you haven't seen any of these models, here are pictures of the Digital 1, 2, and 3 models.

Name:  Digital1_shop_800.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  197.4 KB

Name:  Digital2_shop_800.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  121.5 KB

Name:  Digital_3_shop_800.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  147.9 KB

2. Likes Seriously, Der Amf, Steppy, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    I. Am. Not. Buying. Any. Watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    .... dot com

5. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Neither am I, but they still show up on my doorstep for some reason.

I'd really like to see a new non-chronograph Schauer design released. As much as I like his chronographs, they are less daring than some of his time only offerings.

Meh, besides I've already got an edition 12 ..................

Name:  schauer.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  65.3 KB

Well it sure looks like one

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Neither am I, but they still show up on my doorstep for some reason.

I'd really like to see a new non-chronograph Schauer design released. As much as I like his chronographs, they are less daring than some of his time only offerings.
    I couldn't grab the specs off the Stowa site. What size is the one-hander that I am not buying?

I couldn't grab the specs off the Stowa site. What size is the one-hander that I am not buying?
    42 mm according to the Schauer website
    http://schauer-germany.com/en/kollektion.php?p=3&img=1

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    As much as I like his chronographs, they are less daring than some of his time only offerings.
    But they are sooo German. I see them and I can almost hear DAF blasting out of a club in Berlin full of people that look like this Mercedes LeMans poster form the late 80s.

Name:  jr-team-1.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  39.0 KB
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Jan 19, 2016 at 03:40 PM.

11. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    42 mm according to the Schauer website
    http://schauer-germany.com/en/kollektion.php?p=3&img=1
    Thanks Magnus.

I am not buying it.

Thanks Magnus.

I am not buying it.
    of course you're not