Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you like to meet your Doppelganger?

Would you like to meet your Doppelganger?

News story here in Ireland..the end of the video is well worth a watch!

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/world/...icle-1.2186108

I was once going around a museum with a friend and in one large room I was feeling a bit uncomfortable and couldn't concentrate on the picture we were looking at, so I explained to my friend, sorry, but that picture over there is really freaking me out:

Name:  lady with a fan.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  43.2 KB

3. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    I did my dissertation on doubles in Roman and Greek lit. I would not like to meet my double. As it has been said, the double "becomes the uncanny harbinger of death." Meet your double? You better shoot him in the face before he destroys you. Dostoevsky's 'The Double' is a pretty disturbing example. (relatedly, I've yet to see the film Enemy Within, based on Saramago's The Double (itself clearly based on Plautus' Amphitryon)). It's a fascinating topic is I guess what I'm saying.
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

5. Likes pepperami liked this post
    It would be a cruel God indeed who would curse another with this face.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperami View Post
    the end of the video is well worth a watch!
    I ain't giving any of my watches away for the end of a video , you can if you want to .....

8. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I ain't giving any of my watches away for the end of a video , you can if you want to .....
    Hehe. .you have a one track mind

My dad has a doppelganger who he's never met, but who 2 completely different people have told him he looks like (the first one was drunk at the time and was convinced dad was this guy).

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    My dad has a doppelganger who he's never met, but who 2 completely different people have told him he looks like (the first one was drunk at the time and was convinced dad was this guy).
    I've had the same happen to me in a pub before. I'd like to meet him (or my actual doppelganger) and fight them! Should be a good fair one.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

My sis met hers at a railway station
    This woman came up to her and said 'I think I know you. Actually, no, you look exactly like me'
    No uncanny, doom-laden scenarios followed, but she said it was a weird experience
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    No uncanny, doom-laden scenarios followed, but she said it was a weird experience
    Yes, but she wasn't in a novel.
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

14. Likes whatmeworry liked this post