Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **** Obris Morgan Pradata - review ****

**** Obris Morgan Pradata - review ****

Name:  DSCF1326.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  74.4 KBName:  DSCF1329.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  61.9 KB

Well had this one a couple of years now but as don't get worn probably going to flog it so thought I should really do the review that I had been promising to do since I had it

What we have here is a Obris Morgan Pradata :

Pradata
    (Discontinued)

Dial

- Enamel Dial

- Swiss Superluminova C1

Hands

- Swiss Superluminova C1

Crystal

Flat Sapphire (Interior Anti-Refl Coating)

Movement

- Japan Made Miyota 9015

- Automatic Mechanical

- 28,800 BPH

- 42 hours Duration

Watch Case

- SUS316L Stainless Steel

- 120 Click Uni-directional Bezel

- 43.00mm x 52.60mm x 12.70 mm

- 22.00mm Lug Width

- 7.00mm x 4.00mm Crown Size

Features

- 5 links Bracelet ?

- Automatic Helium Valve

VERY robust and large 43mm Obris Morgan Pradata. This is made by a relatively small Hong Kong / china based company who have really gone to town with the design quality and features with no expense spared when designing and making this Timepiece. The Automatic movement is a exceptionally well made and highly accurate Miyota fully Automatic calibre 9015 movement producing 28800 bph

Held in by a stainless steel 316L ring which is then put in to a solid stainless steel case which has a helium escape valve for serious divers. The features also include a screw down crown, a rotatable bezel with a 316L stainless steel case back which is screwed to the case. The black dial is superluminova coated with the same hands and hour markers which is sealed by a AR coated 3.6mm thick sapphire crystal glass.

Name:  DSCF1367.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  41.5 KB

The bezel is also made from the same steel and is a 120 click multi directional version. The bracelet is also made by the same high quality 316L steel with lockable three fold bracelet, double release pin which was also available in a DLC coated version.

Name:  DSCF1366.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  41.3 KB

Spec's seem good and over all it is a very nice watch very heavy on the bracelet and when on straps feels top heavy so guess this is going to be one that needs to stay on the bracelet the over all quality is great and the look is minimal but still has something special about it .

The down side to it hmmm weight very much so and I did not get on with the bracelet tried it on many different straps nato's or bracelets and none seemed to suit it as much as the one it came on, the only thing that came close was a plain black nato. plus it has some big square looking lugs that seem to me too wide so great for the large wrist on the smaller one could be a slightly issue I found it comfortable enough but did move around a bit.

Yes was a favourite with me as liked the look just on that bracelet I would not wear it often shame really as a catch 22 different bracelet on it I still probably would not wear it as it probably would not have look right like it does on the one it comes on.

Name:  DSCF1348.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  40.6 KBName:  DSCF1351.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  42.5 KB

If you like a heavy watch then this has it for you and all the other things you could wish for it comes in a hard case with manuals, crystal cloth and spare links ,a screwdriver and spare bars so looks the business in the box and on the wrist .

Name:  DSCF1335.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  41.3 KB

As always Ismy
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jan 2, 2019 at 09:39 AM. Reason: typo thanks alan :)
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I know nothing of Obris Morgan, but looking them up I saw that they’re Hong Kong/Chinese not Japanese.

And then I saw -

Name:  F45244F2-EB84-478D-A89B-F7426A4D71C3.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  50.4 KB

Name:  ED15F002-7D62-4501-9AFE-9EEE904F75BD.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  75.8 KB

3. Likes synequano liked this post
    was sure Japanese when they was investigating them but will check yes was looking out for a nautilus in bronze for like for ever as they have discontinued some of their lines already
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

but your right as is their mission state from their site

Obris Morgan Timepiece is a small watch-making company based in Hong Kong.

Our aims are to combine high standards of finishing, high quality and timeless design watches for collectors,

as well as a range of matching-quality watch accessories. Our workshops are located in Hong Kong and in the Pan Yu Science & Technology Park in South China.

The Office in Hong Kong is mainly given over to watch design, customer support and warranty services.

All of Obris Morgan Watches are assembled and tested in our workshop in China.

The logo of Obris Morgan Timepieces is an abstract symbol representing the rotor of an automatic mechanical movement.

By using this symbol, our company declares its trust in the mechanical movement embodied in each and every one of the watches we produce.

We hope that every Obris Morgan watch owner will wear our watch with pride.

Thank You and Best Wishes,
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    I had an Obris Morgan Explorer in blue many years ago. It was a pretty good watch; at the time, at least the equal in quality to Helson, but for less money. Enjoy!
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I had an Obris Morgan Explorer in blue many years ago. It was a pretty good watch; at the time, at least the equal in quality to Helson, but for less money. Enjoy!
    yeah love it just can't get on with the bracelet on it so put it on the bay this morning as some joker got some at twice almost three times what they cost new.. so put mine on at about half what they are asking so you never know

how was the bracelet on yours ? found with my one the lugs was just to big and to wide I think maybe
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yeah love it just can't get on with the bracelet on it so put it on the bay this morning as some joker got some at twice almost three times what they cost new.. so put mine on at about half what they are asking so you never know

how was the bracelet on yours ? found with my one the lugs was just to big and to wide I think maybe
    I found the bracelet very comfortable, actually. I don't think it tapered, but it was still pretty comfortable.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

yeah probably down to the size of the watch as you see in the pics it has wide lugs and the solid end links go into the centre so almost like a double lug if you see this shot
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I remember when Obris Morgan started about 9 years ago, the founder posted occasionally on WUS Affordables and seemed very forthcoming about their intentions and methods. Their first watches used Sea-Gull movements, and people gave him some flack for being a myth-brand, but the founder remained rather calm during the flaming. They never claimed to be anything other than a small brand trying to make really good watches with Asian components. I would have owned one if they were smaller, as I always liked their designs.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    I remember when Obris Morgan started about 9 years ago, the founder posted occasionally on WUS Affordables and seemed very forthcoming about their intentions and methods. Their first watches used Sea-Gull movements, and people gave him some flack for being a myth-brand, but the founder remained rather calm during the flaming. They never claimed to be anything other than a small brand trying to make really good watches with Asian components. I would have owned one if they were smaller, as I always liked their designs.
    yeah I have had it a few years but I will agree there think one of the reason I went for it.. the design was new at the time compared to some but in some ways no difference from a few kickstarters I can think of ..

found the price reasonable the watch is well made and is still great shape a couple of years in so yeah like the fact that their mission statement state it ..

but some wis automatic thought crap as it being made in hk and china but think in this day age that should not be a bad point of which country's make a watch ..

if I could find the nautilus which I do believe is still being sold for the right price I would give it a go as the bronze of my choice
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy