Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Aquaracer 500m Ceramic - WAK2110

My new Aquaracer 500m Ceramic - WAK2110

Just arrived this morning, I am in love!

The ceramic bezel is stunning, it really sets off the watch and makes it sparkle in the sunlight.

Other than that, what can I say? It's an ETA2824 powered 500m diver which takes design cues from the Omega Seamaster, Rolex Sub-C and Heuer 2000 and - in my opinion - is a stunning looker.

It's 41mm, my perfect size, and just the right weight. It actually shares a mid-case with the 300m series but has a thicker bezel and case back.The bracelet is a weak point, very fiddly and painful taking links out and the end links get 'stuck' like a cheap watch - maybe I should baby oil it!

Otherwise, stunning. Worth every penny I paid - if you want a classy dress diver for a lot less than Rolex/Tudor and - to be fair - not that much more than Steinhart money, don't worry about the TAG stigma, these are amazing

Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

Looks great on your wrist. Congrats!
    TAG Heuer Monaco, Mido Multifort, Chr. Ward C5 Malvern MkII

Very nice wrist presence.CONGRATS-Early X-Mas gift ?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Such a good looking watch. Wear in good health!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    Very nice wrist presence.CONGRATS-Early X-Mas gift ?
    Yes. Me and the wife just buy each other little gifts and treat ourselves to something we really want. So I got this '£100 diver watch'... )
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

I suppose the obvious question: why not blue?

I know my answer is because I already have a bunch of black dialled watches which includes two black on black dive watches so blue is the one that grabs me more.

My new Aquaracer 500m Ceramic - WAK2110

Quote Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
    I suppose the obvious question: why not blue?

I know my answer is because I already have a bunch of black dialled watches which includes two black on black dive watches so blue is the one that grabs me more.
    Two reasons. I have loads of blue watches. Black is more versatile.

Oh and Black was £400 cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Fair enough.
    I do keep looking at the GMT one though; the extra numbers on the bezel fills it better to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
    Fair enough.
    I do keep looking at the GMT one though; the extra numbers on the bezel fills it better to my eyes.
    I like the spacing of the regular bezel but these do look nice as GMTs. adds a splash of colour too.

Sweet. Looks great on your wrist.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx