Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday Jan 2nd, 2015- WRUW? (+ a wrap-up of my most-worn watches of 2014)

Blog Entries

Friday Jan 2nd, 2015- WRUW? (+ a wrap-up of my most-worn watches of 2014)

Well, 2014 is gone and a new year has just begun. It's meant to get to 39 degrees here today (102.2 F) and it seems like it'll get there. Time to pull the shades in an effort to keep the house cool. No fancy-schmancy split system air cons in every room of this place, I can tell you.

Anyway, I did a quick tally of which watches got the most wrist-time in 2014 and I have to admit, there were no surprises. In the top spot, having been worn in 20 out of 52 weeks of last year, was the Omega 36.2mm Railmaster Co-Axial;

Worn mainly on its bracelet, but I did switch it over to leather from time to time;

In second place, with 16, was the venerable Omega Speedmaster Professional. Again, I alternated this watch from its bracelet to leather and/or NATO straps.

As well as its bracelet;

In equal third place, having both been worn 15 weeks out of the year, were two watches. The Sinn 103 St Sa chronograph;

Which looked great too on a brown leather strap, giving off a nice 1950s Type XX vibe;

And, the other third-place watch, the WatchCo-built Omega Seamaster 300, worn mostly on a TrueBond NATO strap;

A similar looking watch came in with 14 weeks of wear, the Omega 42mm Planet Ocean;

A definite favourite.

The surprise watch of last year (worn 13 weeks) turned out to be the modded Seiko 7002. I had it with its original black dial;

And wore it a lot for general handyman duties around the house. Recently, I had an after-market blue dial fitted to it;

And have been wearing it a little more.

Finally, the last two watches that got the most wear were the 1969 Omega Seamaster Chronometer, with 11 weeks of wear;

And the Omega 36.2mm Seamaster AquaTerra Co-Axial, with 10 weeks of wear;

And, since New Year's Eve, I've been wearing the Longines Expeditions Francais Paul-Emile Victor, which was worn throughout 8 weeks of last year;

Name:  PC310441.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  33.7 KB

I hope this year has started off nicely for you all, and I hope it continues along that path.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

2. Likes Clarky, muddy250, gnuyork, CFR, copperjohn, Scamp007 liked this post
    Nice round up for the year Tino, I couldn't tell you which of my watches I wear the most but I do wear all of them apart from my SMP 300 that seems to get left in the box.

Wearing the Memomatic today.... Again

4. Likes muddy250, gnuyork, CFR, Teeritz liked this post
    I think I fairly well apportion time but my PO did get an extended run in autumn of about 6 weeks continuous wear.
    Today is an AT day tho, I'm already trying to decide what to take on holiday next month. I can't leave a PO at home when there's a chance of actually diving can I?

Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

6. Likes gnuyork, CFR, Teeritz liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by muddy250 View Post
    I think I fairly well apportion time but my PO did get an extended run in autumn of about 6 weeks continuous wear.
    Today is an AT day tho, I'm already trying to decide what to take on holiday next month. I can't leave a PO at home when there's a chance of actually diving can I?
    I have the same problem when I go on my belated honeymoon in a few weeks time.... I'm thinking the GMT Master II will probably be up to the job for what I we will be doing but should I take a dive watch alone too? If so which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
    I have the same problem when I go on my belated honeymoon in a few weeks time.... I'm thinking the GMT Master II will probably be up to the job for what I we will be doing but should I take a dive watch alone too? If so which one?
    You won't need the GMT for what you'll be DOING, trust me

9. Likes gnuyork, Clarky, muddy250, CFR, Fire99 liked this post
    Railmaster on Custom Ostrich

Name:  _20150102_154443.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  253.4 KB

11. Likes Clarky, muddy250, Teeritz liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    You won't need the GMT for what you'll be DOING, trust me
    Maybe a Speedy?
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

13. Likes Bwana, Fire99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
    I took my SMP to Turkey in October. Best combo for beach/restaurant I thought. I only want to take one really but it might end up being PO/AT this time.
    Decisions!
    Enjoy your belated honeymoon, somewhere toasty I hope.
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

Maybe a Speedy?
    Not too speedy....

16. Likes muddy250, Bwana, Fire99 liked this post
    I took my SMP to Turkey in October. Best combo for beach/restaurant I thought. I only want to take one really but it might end up being PO/AT this time.
    Decisions!
    Enjoy your belated honeymoon, somewhere toasty I hope.

We we will be quite close to the equator and checking the weather the last week it has been a steady 31 deg's all week

18. Likes muddy250 liked this post