Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying a Panerai @ the AD, how long did you had to wait before you got it?

Buying a Panerai @ the AD, how long did you had to wait before you got it?

Hi folks,
    i bought a PAM 183 at the AD on Februari the 14th. Since the watch was not in stock, the AD told me i had to wait 8-12 weeks for MY PAM to arrive in the shop. Today i got a call from the AD to tell me it wil take at least a extra 8-12 weeks for the watch to arrive. Did any of you guy's buy a PAM that was not in stock at the AD, and how long did you have to wait for the watch to arrive? This is my first Panerai, so i have no experience with the watches or brand. I know that some watches take some time before you get them, like my Cellini Danaos Black & white took almost 10 months before i got it...

Name:  pam00183_front.png
Views: 400
Size:  208.6 KB
    (picture borrowed from the Panerai website)

That model has been around for a long time and I live in walking distance of two shops that sell it. Kind of crazy to wait that long for a 183

8-12 weeks! Hopefully the AD is under promising so he doesn't have to keep calling you to say the watch isn't here yet.

I had to wait 6 weeks for a "man chair" I ordered and that was brutal. Thankfully it was delivered two days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    That model has been around for a long time and I live in walking distance of two shops that sell it. Kind of crazy to wait that long for a 183
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    8-12 weeks! Hopefully the AD is under promising so he doesn't have to keep calling you to say the watch isn't here yet.

I had to wait 6 weeks for a "man chair" I ordered and that was brutal. Thankfully it was delivered two days ago.
    Perhaps there is a difference between the USA and Europe? We only have a few AD's for Panerai in the entire country. Anybody knows something about limited supplies that are given to any AD? In my entire country live approx. the same number of people as in NYC. ..

That seems way to long

I wonder how long the wait would be if you were to ask for your money back please?

7. Likes I-B liked this post
    I could see some ADs having limited Panerai watches for special, new or limited editions but the 183 is a pretty common piece that has been around for years. Don't know what else to say, maybe you will enjoy it more after awaiting its arrival. It's a very nice looking watch let us know what happens and good luck.

Why don't you try talking to some of the dealers on chrono24. Seems like a few european dealers have the 183 in stock.

http://www.chrono24.com/en/search/in...&countryIds=NL

Quote Originally Posted by ck1109 View Post
    Why don't you try talking to some of the dealers on chrono24. Seems like a few european dealers have the 183 in stock.

http://www.chrono24.com/en/search/in...&countryIds=NL
    I already paid the watch in full in februari. I prefer a good relation with an AD near where i live, that is why i did not buy from chrono24 or other online venders. I never buy a watch that costs more than 1k online to be honnest... I bought watches with that AD the past, and always got the after hours 'red carpet' treatement there. Panerai is a niche-product here, if i would buy Breitling or Omega (just to name something) i could have them straight from the stock. I have heard from other buyers in Belgium/Holland/Luxembourgh that the waitinglist can be long. Think i will contact the AD saturday to ask for a clear explenation...

I would say that in this instance your desire for a good relationship with your AD is being slightly exploited....

12. Likes I-B, ck1109 liked this post