Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Breitling Jet Team on Tour

Blog Entries

Breitling Jet Team on Tour

The announcement for The America's is coming Dec 9th. Which is after they've conquered Asia and Europe.

http://www.breitling.com/en/news/det...-amerique-3124

2. Likes Jeannie, M. Montaigne liked this post
    YES!

For a long time, I've wondered if/when or why not, WRT them coming to North America. I've wanted to see them since their inception (right about the time of the demise of the Breitling Fighters display group). Need to see that schedule to get SOMEWHERE to see them! I do hope they'll be on the list for our Thunder Over Michigan show at the end of August this year, though we also have the Blue Angels again this year.

I DID see an L39 jet team ( The Black Diamond jet team, the world's only private jet aerobatic time I think) at the Stuart Air Show in Florida a couple of years ago, but to see the Breitling team has simply been a wish for too long to miss. I'm sure they'll be SOMEWHERE within a 10 hour drive at worst, I NEED to make that happen!
    Last edited by T Bone; Dec 2, 2014 at 02:37 PM.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    YES!

For a long time, I've wondered if/when or why not, WRT them coming to North America. I've wanted to see them since their inception (right about the time of the demise of the Breitling Fighters display group). Need to see that schedule to get SOMEWHERE to see them! I do hope they'll be on the list for our Thunder Over Michigan show at the end of August this year, though we also have the Blue Angels again this year.

I DID see an L39 jet team ( The Black Diamond jet team, the world's only private jet aerobatic time I think) at the Stuart Air Show in Florida a couple of years ago, but to see the Breitling team has simply been a wish for too long to miss. I'm sure they'll be SOMEWHERE within a 10 hour drive at worst, I NEED to make that happen!
    I have a feeling they will hit Texas at some point and I'll try to make that one. Going to get a ride as the Breitling moderator of the "newest" watch forum on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    I have a feeling they will hit Texas at some point and I'll try to make that one. Going to get a ride as the Breitling moderator of the "newest" watch forum on the planet.
    Lol, good luck with that! Seriously, I hope (but doubt) it will happen. Take Ron with you, you might stand a fighting chance (once they hear of his history, how could they not offer him one- and as his Co-Moderator, how could they then not offer you one!).
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

You know, there are plenty of places where you can hitch a ride on an L39 if you have a current FAA medical.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    You know, there are plenty of places where you can hitch a ride on an L39 if you have a current FAA medical.
    I'm not a pilot though.

I'm not a pilot though.
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think if you have ~10 hours of flight time, you can accompany them as a passenger.

But then, it could be ~10 hours of IFR flight time, which means you need a PPL and then spend 10 hours doing instrument flying.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to try. It won't hurt right?

10. Likes M. Montaigne liked this post
    What's the worst thing that could happen? You throw up a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think if you have ~10 hours of flight time, you can accompany them as a passenger.

But then, it could be ~10 hours of IFR flight time, which means you need a PPL and then spend 10 hours doing instrument flying.
    Really? I'll bet the line would be very long! My medical is not current (thought the above mentioned a medical at one point? ). There is a required amount of actual or simulated IRF time for the PPL, if memory serves the requirement is 3 hours (?). I have a PPL, though my medical is several years out of date. I may need to get it current again (and myself in the cockpit for a BFR for that matter!) if there is any hope of getting a ride! Man, that would be a dream come true!

BTW, not sure what Breitling's policies are. But any pilot can permit you stick time as long as he takes responsibility (he is Pilot In Command and responsible for the flight). If he is an instructor rated for the aircraft, and you are a licensed student pilot (3rd class medical doubles as student pilot certificate, or is issued by the AME on request) you can actually log the time. There are several places one can go for L39 training, one is Jet Warbird Training Center in New Mexico (thought I posted all this yesterday, maybe I only previewed it and didn't submit?). Anyway, big dollars for that.

The above school last I knew also had an L29, T33, Mig 15 and Fouga Magister. Right now, their website is tripping my so i won't link to it just in case. Visited it many times in the past without this issue, maybe it's my A/V or maybe there are current issues with their site. Just tried with a different browser (Chrome instead of FireFox) and still got the warning...
    Regards, T Bone