Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When a strap change transforms a watch

When a strap change transforms a watch

I got my Ball Engineer for a pretty decent price a year or so ago because it only came with 1 and a half of the removable links. This isn't a problem for me as I have small wrists (did I mention that before), so I jumped at the chance to pick up a brand I'd had my eye on for a while for a price I could afford.
    When the watch arrived I decided I didn't much like the bracelet anyway, and immediately put the watch on Rios leather strap. It's been on that ever since (with the occasional switch to a Nato) and I think it looks great - kind of like a flieger on steroids. Definitely toolish and quite serious.

Today, inspired I think by some of the Rados and Ebels I've been admiring here, I decided to give its first go on the bracelet.

The watch feels completely different. Whereas before It felt slightly retro it now looks like a 70s take on the year 3000, something a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica might wear when he's off duty. Or that Tony Stark might slip on before going to a night club

It's SO shiny, but whereas in the past I would have hated that I now find myself embracing it. The case flows into the bracelet in a pleasing organic way and it's also super comfortable. I've ended up feeling like I've got a different watch.

Have any of your watches transformed themselves like this through a strap change?

the numbers sketched in tritium make me think of tron....

looks good tho

3. Likes whatmeworry liked this post

When a strap change transforms a watch

Oh yes.
    From this:

To this:

To this:

I am so glad I discovered the joy of changing straps.
    Jane

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JAGtime; Apr 14, 2015 at 12:58 PM.

Yes! Definitely a big difference, love both, Jane

6. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Agree not a fan of the bracelet. That strap makes the difference and compliments the piece much better.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Yes! Definitely a big difference, love both, Jane
    Thanks, wmw. I really like the Ball Engineer with the strap and with the bracelet. Two very different but handsome options!

9. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    Thanks both. The bracelet is really growing on me. As I have an Archimede flieger inbound I think I'm going to leave this on the bracelet for now

I love their bracelets, very comfy, but can be a bit blingy for me but it looks nice on you.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    I love their bracelets, very comfy, but can be a bit blingy for me but it looks nice on you.
    Yeah, it's super blingy, which is why I took it off in the first place, but now I kind of like it

Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    From this...To this:

Name:  16d3a2898f8716a1b4ad255860a26aaf.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  64.6 KB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That is super interesting. I'm color blind, but is there a little red in the strap? Either way it comes very close to changing the entire nature of your Oris.
    Last edited by ljb187; Apr 15, 2015 at 04:29 AM.