Likes Likes:  5

Thread: $ Euro GBP CHF

$ Euro GBP CHF

The announcement of a QE program for the euro from March into 2016 plus the uncoupling of the Swiss franc from the euro is playing havoc with pricing.
    Take Nomos as an example, I am just using them because their shop site easily gives prices in different currencies .

I like the Orion 1989, in Euro 1840. If you go to the ship to the USA to get $ prices it says $2600.

However, if you convert 1860 euro to $ at today's rate that should be only around $2100.

I see a 25% problem there!
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I see a 25% problem there!
    And a 0% chance of purchase.

I've been thinking about buying either a watch made in the US, or one made in the UK and I'm running into a similar issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    And a 0% chance of purchase.

I've been thinking about buying either a watch made in the US, or one made in the UK and I'm running into a similar issue.
    I earn in $ but put my savings into GBP in the UK (it's complicated) the dollar to pound is good at the moment nearly 5yr low, so buying in the UK can be good value at the moment. You will also not have to pay the 20% VAT or can claim it back as the watch leaves the UK.

Buy Japanese

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    Buy Japanese
    I was looking at a lovely Credor on a Japanese site that google kindly translated for me, took me a while to work out that the beautiful object in front of me was $46,000

6. Likes Domo, M. Montaigne, Der Amf, geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I was looking at a lovely Credor on a Japanese site that google kindly translated for me, took me a while to work out that the beautiful object in front of me was $46,000
    The GBLT999? Buy it, then claim you thought it was $4,600

Well, Americans were given a lot of crap for our QE, and how we are being reckless and so on.

And yet, our hyperinflation never came to pass and the IMF acknowledged that the American economy is a foundational economy that has weathered the financial crisis.

And now, Draghi's bond buying plan and QE will place Europe squarely in the American square. On the bright side, the dollar is gonna rock your mama's world.

The strong CHF has spurred a mad rush for luxury watches here before manufactuers issue an updated pricelist. I heard that some Rolex ADs are out of Submariners

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...climb-20150120
    Last edited by Mew88; Jan 23, 2015 at 04:00 AM.

10. Likes Der Amf liked this post