Likes Likes:  27,363
Page 700 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 200600650690698699700701702710750800 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,000 of 11917

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Apparently GS in NY still has this sitting in a box on their dock waiting for pickup. So no chance of it being here this week. The wait continues.
    Well that is a real pi$$er. Sorry about that. I know how it is to have to wait for your watch!

Dan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jbglock View Post
    Since we are talking about boxes my Apexrare arrived today. Standard foam lined box that has come with every San Martin, Steeldive, and Heimdallr I have bought. I like it. If traveling it protects the watch as good as can be expected.

The watch is love at first sight! The leather strap is nice. Of course the first thing I did was put it on a tropic.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    Hard to tell from this angle, but is the watch rolled around a cushion or laid flat? That is a nice case though!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    Well that is a real pi$$er. Sorry about that. I know how it is to have to wait for your watch!

Dan
    Michael has made a career out of patiently waiting for watches.

Hard to tell from this angle, but is the watch rolled around a cushion or laid flat? That is a nice case though!

Dan
    It was laid flat and wrapped with cellophane.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

5. Likes Dan R liked this post
    I've owned a few of these, and at around $259, they were a bargain with Sapphire, 200m WR w/ screw down crown, screwed bracelet links and a secure dive style clasp.

What I didn't like was the shrouded lugs and Miyota 8215, which didn't hack, and, I believe could not be hand wound either - but I could be wrong on that latter point.

Fast forward to this newest version, and it's been updated with SEL's and a 9015, and for $30 more - so, probably as a place holder while I keep thinking about my next watch - this will be here on Monday.

The only thing I don't like about this one is the spelled out "watch company" on the dial - otherwise, it's an Explorer homage minus the Mercedes hand.

Name:  BBA4.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  33.7 KB

7. Likes Dan R, skywatch, jbglock, rodia77, hayday, Sedi liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    I've owned a few of these, and at around $259, they were a bargain with Sapphire, 200m WR w/ screw down crown, screwed bracelet links and a secure dive style clasp.

What I didn't like was the shrouded lugs and Miyota 8215, which didn't hack, and, I believe could not be hand wound either - but I could be wrong on that latter point.

Fast forward to this newest version, and it's been updated with SEL's and a 9015, and for $30 more - so, probably as a place holder while I keep thinking about my next watch - this will be here on Monday.

The only thing I don't like about this one is the spelled out "watch company" on the dial - otherwise, it's an Explorer homage minus the Mercedes hand.

Those are pretty nice, but for another $100 give or take, you can get this:

Name:  glycine-airman-silver-dial-men_s-leather-watch-gl0058.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  24.9 KB

Coated sapphire but only 100m rating. Def a Selita ETA clone. Can be hand wound and hacked. Different variations are available. But the bronze body ones will run you quite a bit higher. I have been pleased with my stainless version.

9. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Those are pretty nice, but for another $100 give or take, you can get this:

Name:  glycine-airman-silver-dial-men_s-leather-watch-gl0058.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  24.9 KB

Coated sapphire but only 100m rating. Def a Selita ETA clone. Can be hand wound and hacked. Different variations are available. But the bronze body ones will run you quite a bit higher. I have been pleased with my stainless version.
    Great watch, however, I wanted the particular style of the Bernhardt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Great watch, however, I wanted the particular style of the Bernhardt.
    Understood.

Years ago, I got an Explorer. Very nice watch. Did not keep it. Not sure why. It just did not generate a great deal of desire. If the Bernhardt uses luminous like the Explorer, it might make a good acquisition.

Name:  Rolex_Bros_B.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  44.2 KB

Here was the one I owned. Had it on a Bros strap which looked good IMHO. Although Rollie cases chew up leather straps. Sold it with the bracelet. Still have the leather strap.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Give me a Rolex box any day rather than one of these -

Attachment 100348

It actually contributed to me not buying the watch.
    Why?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Understood.

Years ago, I got an Explorer. Very nice watch. Did not keep it. Not sure why. It just did not generate a great deal of desire. If the Bernhardt uses luminous like the Explorer, it might make a good acquisition.

Name:  Rolex_Bros_B.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  44.2 KB

Here was the one I owned. Had it on a Bros strap which looked good IMHO. Although Rollie cases chew up leather straps. Sold it with the bracelet. Still have the leather strap.
    The Explorer is one of the three on my short list, along with the Explorer II polar and OP 39.

14. Likes gnuyork, JAGtime liked this post