Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And people say I spend too much on watches...

And people say I spend too much on watches...

Now we have the Smart Cup... a freakin' cup

https://www.myvessyl.com/
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron
    It's wack if it don't say Patek!
    Stealin' lunch money on school playgrounds for Rolex since 1978

If I'm going to drink absolutely everything from a single cup, it should look like this:

Is 'smart pimp cup' an oxymoron?
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

3. Likes jsw41, Nokie, chicago liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    Is 'smart pimp cup' an oxymoron?
    Never underestimate the brains of a real world pimp. If you have some time try reading Iceberg Slim's book "Pimp" or any of his other books for that matter. 'Course as pimp cups go you picked the "Patek" as I am pretty sure that is a Ms. Debbie cup. How do I know this crap?
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron
    It's wack if it don't say Patek!
    Stealin' lunch money on school playgrounds for Rolex since 1978

5. Likes CanadianStraps liked this post
    That's ridonkulous
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

7. Likes T Bone liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Oh my god, I want one.

But not for $120.

I wouldn't drinking anything out of it. Everything has its own vessel - red/white wine glass, pint glass etc.

10. Likes CanadianStraps liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I wouldn't drinking anything out of it. Everything has its own vessel - red/white wine glass, pint glass etc.
    I'm not sure if I should be admitting this, but I had custom cabinetry done in both of my kitchens largely due to extensive amounts of crystal and glassware. With this thing, all you'd need is a coaster. Kitchens everywhere look bare bones thanks to the eye-rollingly named 'vessyl'.

12. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    A smart cup what's next...To much technology sometimes...We Americans are lazy

After further investigations it looks to be made/produced by Canadians....
    Last edited by watchdaddy1; Jan 10, 2015 at 04:35 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    I'm not sure if I should be admitting this, but I had custom cabinetry done in both of my kitchens largely due to extensive amounts of crystal and glassware. With this thing, all you'd need is a coaster. Kitchens everywhere look bare bones thanks to the eye-rollingly named 'vessyl'.
    Pics please. I've seen an before maybe perhaps not here. I have appropriate glasses for each drink, but you have them for each brand, iirc.

Did you ever find those thistle scotch glasses yet?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Did you ever find those thistle scotch glasses yet?
    I have but one, I really want four. But they must be popular or collectible in some circles, because you're lucky if you can find a single one for under $100.

Here she is in action. She'll have friends sooner or later.

Name:  20141102144741.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  124.4 KB

Perhaps the most bizarre glassware I have are these 'port sippers'. I enjoy port, but I don't know a lot about it, but when I saw them I had to have them. You drink through that wavy straw piece. They are fairly small, and you look a right piece of work using them, so in the proper situation they are essentially a trump card. You can cut the pretension with a knife, and so it amuses me to emerge whilst sipping from one into a room of friends all enjoying a pint. Especially if from the tin.

Name:  IMG_20150110_144834.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  38.2 KB

The reverse of this effect is in a more formal setting, the last sip makes that really annoying and juvenile sound a straw in a paper cup of coke makes. When you're trying to get the last out and it does that slurping noise. I like to really drag that out with the port sipper.
    Last edited by CanadianStraps; Jan 10, 2015 at 06:58 PM.

16. Likes geoffbot, Nokie liked this post