Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips for Rusted, 'Frozen' or otherwise 'Locked' and Stuck Springbars?

Depends some times it when the wrong type of springbar is use shoulderless only should be used in older cases with the drill though lugs so you push the bar from the outside ,

Mount of times had to force them out or cut them out no really tip you just to keep trying till it goes I try and jam the end piece in to the centre tube then flip depends how much of the spring bar is showing .
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes sladew liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    Depends some times it when the wrong type of springbar is use shoulderless only should be used in older cases with the drill though lugs so you push the bar from the outside.
    It's even worse when they're heavily corroded. It was really hard to get to with a carbide case surrounding the metal lugs.

Anyhow luckily I managed to get it out in the end.

I've got a few good ideas now to try on the next stuck spring bar that I encounter

Thanks,
    Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by sladew View Post
    It's even worse when they're heavily corroded. It was really hard to get to with a carbide case surrounding the metal lugs.

Anyhow luckily I managed to get it out in the end.

I've got a few good ideas now to try on the next stuck spring bar that I encounter

Thanks,
    Slade.
    maybe some thing to do with rado cases as not really done much with them

luck ant had much with rust problems except think a g shock or two but that was really far gone did sorta save it a old t290 from memory bad battery leaking and water the side light and been eaten away by the battery acid and a few none important parts was scorch and as said got it going but it had a strange thing of on the hour every hour it fade out then come back on never lost time just the screen would blank off for a few seconds

just fix up a old dw 9050 from what late 90's maybe
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

just fix up a old dw 9050 from what late 90's maybe
    I saw that you had a few G-Shocks. Me too.

My favourite is an old DW-5600 original from the early 90s with the screwback caseback. I lost the band and then the whole case to resin rot. I finally managed to cover the original naked module in a donor case and strap from a much later DW-5600E model.

Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by sladew View Post
    I saw that you had a few G-Shocks. Me too.

My favourite is an old DW-5600 original from the early 90s with the screwback caseback. I lost the band and then the whole case to resin rot. I finally managed to cover the original naked module in a donor case and strap from a much later DW-5600E model.

Slade.
    yeah had about hundred plus one time had shed loads of watches full stop think must have been like five hundred plus sounds a lot but not all was wearing like the vostok I display every mode of dial well that I had saw.

but needed space and things change don't they so for about like three years been slowly sell them all off, so down to about twenty watches ..got more but those tend to be fix and then flip lots with an occasional ones stick around till I get bored of it
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

yeah had about hundred plus one time had shed loads of watches full stop think must have been like five hundred plus sounds a lot but not all was wearing like the vostok I display every mode of dial well that I had saw.

but needed space and things change don't they so for about like three years been slowly sell them all off, so down to about twenty watches ..got more but those tend to be fix and then flip lots with an occasional ones stick around till I get bored of it
    Wow, that is a lot of G-Shocks and a lot of watches. I like the brutal, innovative simplicity of the Russian watches. I have a few Vostoks too, but no where near that total number.

It's interesting to see how a collection changes over time as the collector changes too.

Slade.

yes Russian Vostok was a lot cheaper at one time (joblot from Russia usually ) and I did do some work on most of them had forgot that I service some of those did a few threads on the most common faults to fix.

yes had a few 3133 too.. and loved casio so had a lot of models and still buy some from time to time to tick off a metal list ,did some threads in affordable and russians on most of them plus timex , and many vintage brands too . but just all got way to much so want a minimalist collection now.

so down too :

keepers:

gold smiths, iwl chronograph, seiko GS, cwc g10, pulsar mod chrono, and a bulova diamond Precision,

others
    cwc chrono, three self builds, gwm 5600 mod, victorinox, a green dial zim, swatch black rebel , casio edfice, a bulova open heart, a rado las Palmas, benrus mil, vintage seiko five, a mondaine, mwc w10 mil a like, dw 9050 ,

then some fix and flip ones cant think now which

think thats all well a couple of um and a box with some case's and heads in waiting for parts .
    Last edited by is that my watch; Sep 25, 2022 at 08:38 PM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy