Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For IOL and Anyone Who Can Appreciate a Great Timepiece.........

For IOL and Anyone Who Can Appreciate a Great Timepiece.........

I know many might scoff at the thought of strapping a designer brand watch to their wrist. But one shouldn't feel that way if it's a Ralph Lauren. IOL has many times posted one of his RL watches, which causes me to drool and for good reason. This is a nice WatchTime article about Ralph Lauren watches:

http://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch-...eid=e642645067
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

2. Likes popoki nui, Imitation of Life liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    I know many might scoff at the thought of strapping a designer brand watch to their wrist. But one shouldn't feel that way if it's a Ralph Lauren. IOL has many times posted one of his RL watches, which causes me to drool and for good reason. This is a nice WatchTime article about Ralph Lauren watches:

http://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch-...eid=e642645067
    I saw that article, interesting watches although I'm sure I would take a chip out of that wood bezel in short order. Or accidentally set it on fire over a candle in a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I saw that article, interesting watches although I'm sure I would take a chip out of that wood bezel in short order. Or accidentally set it on fire over a candle in a restaurant.
    I had a Daniel Mink watch for years, when small was in. Its bezel was made out of 300 year old petrified wood from the banks of the Nile. It was pretty impossible to ding. I got rid of it just a couple years ago when I traded it along with some other never worn watches for the FC710 (since sold, but greatly missed).

This is a version of that watch (mine was not a chronograph).

B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

Not a fan of most of their automotive dash inspired watches with all the wood although I appreciate they are injecting some horological interest with movements from IWC and JLC instead of yet another ETA at an unreasonable price point as so many others do. I think their guilloche dial watches are quite nice though and they are done properly with old fashioned rose engines.

Name:  actu_863.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  28.9 KB
    Last edited by tempocalypse; Aug 28, 2015 at 03:55 AM.
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

I saw the Automotive Skeleton last weekend and thought it was great. I posted a few photos on my IG.

7. Likes RBrylawski liked this post
    I quite like the look of the 45 mm Automotive Timepiece.

I am confused by one thing in the article though. For the Automotive skeleton it says "The manually wound caliber RL1967 runs at a frequency of 18,000 vibrations per hour and has a 45-hour power reserve, displayed on a unique indicator evocative of a fuel gauge." I am assuming this means there is a power reserve indicator but I don't see it in any of the pictures. Am I missing something?
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    I quite like the look of the 45 mm Automotive Timepiece.

I am confused by one thing in the article though. For the Automotive skeleton it says "The manually wound caliber RL1967 runs at a frequency of 18,000 vibrations per hour and has a 45-hour power reserve, displayed on a unique indicator evocative of a fuel gauge." I am assuming this means there is a power reserve indicator but I don't see it in any of the pictures. Am I missing something?
    I think it's on the back...

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I think it's on the back...
    I'm pretty sure you're right.

Supposedly, only 40 Automotive Skeletons are coming to the US.

There Safari line is good looking in the flesh

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

13. Likes RBrylawski, bu11itt liked this post