Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a "Victimless Crime?"

Is this a "Victimless Crime?"

Seems like no one was hurt, and one boy made a new friend. Sadly, we won't know why until they sober up enough to speak coherently.

Three women believed to be drunk got on a Texas public school bus at a regular stop and rode with the students all the way to their middle school last Friday. No one, not even the bus driver, realized that three allegedly heavily intoxicated 20-something women were on the bus until they arrived at Harris Middle School in San Antonio.

Aubrey Chancellor, a North East Independent School District (ISD) spokeswoman saidthat district bus drivers receive extensive training which includes awareness training and making eye contact while greeting each student who enters the bus.
    Survelliance video captured the incident in which the women entered the bus and road all the way to the middle school. Footage showed two of the women walked to the back of the bus and sat down. The third woman parked herself next to a boy and appeared to chat it up with him during the 30 minute bus ride.
    District officials asked the three why they boarded the bus. Chancellor said that they were unable to get a clear response because the women were too inebriated. She stated that even though it was the beginning of the school year, which brings new faces to the bus route, “this was a huge mistake.”
    District officials issued criminal trespass warnings to the three women after the investigation revealed the women were able to ride on the bus with the students to the middle school. One of the three faces an assault charge after school police determined that she grabbed a student’s arm before boarding the bus. However, she was not yet formally charged, said the district. The second woman was cited for possession of alcohol on school property.
    All three woman were banned from the campus.

Taxis are yellow. Buses are yellow. I can see the logical jump in a drunk person's mind.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

3. Likes ro63rto, Donf, vinylgreek, geoffbot liked this post
    Grabbing a kids arm is assault?

Quote Originally Posted by bolaberlim View Post
    7th grader - by the time he got to homeroom it was something else she grabbed.

Vicki Holden's head is still spinning.

bighead
    Being drunk isn't an excuse to be an idiot. As a teacher and parent, I'd want maximum punishment. Drunk at 7am? Good grief.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bolaberlim View Post

Technically, it's battery. It can be both depending on circumstance, though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bajachild View Post
    Being drunk isn't an excuse to be an idiot. As a teacher and parent, I'd want maximum punishment. Drunk at 7am? Good grief.
    I've been drunk at 7AM. From the night before. It happens. I say no harm, no foul.

10. Likes Nokie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I've been drunk at 7AM. From the night before. It happens. I say no harm, no foul.
    I'm with you. It's not as though they were forcing the kids to do shots. The bonus is that now all the kids on the bus have great material for their next writing assignments. In a few years' time kids will claim to have been on the boozer bus to claim their share of cool.

bighead
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    But behaviors are learned. If there are no consequences, you're condoning it, and reinforcing its OK-ness. So then it's alright to be a drunken idiot on a school bus for middle schoolers when you're 20? I would have to disagree. Sorry.