Likes Likes:  1,064
Page 166 of 280 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2796

Thread: TV you just love (or at least really like)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    The animal abusers are getting famous. Don’t you think that will encourage others? Sure it will. As long as people find animal cruelty entertaining other people will dish it up. Making this a hit for Netflix supports the cruelty.

Jeannie
    There will always be people who try to emulate or get the wrong idea from things. Even Don Trump Jr said "Wow, I didn't know tigers were so cheap" because he's generally a piece of shit person. But that doesn't mean that there aren't others, a much greater percentage, who are going to see it, be repulsed by it, and some of those people will be motivated to do something about it.

Oh, here's the exact Don Jr quote: “You know what the real tragedy is right now from that whole show? None of us knew that you could have had a pet tiger for like two grand,” Trump Jr. said.

Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

2. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    There will always be people who try to emulate or get the wrong idea from things. Even Don Trump Jr said "Wow, I didn't know tigers were so cheap" because he's generally a piece of shit person. But that doesn't mean that there aren't others, a much greater percentage, who are going to see it, be repulsed by it, and some of those people will be motivated to do something about it.

Oh, here's the exact Don Jr quote: “You know what the real tragedy is right now from that whole show? None of us knew that you could have had a pet tiger for like two grand,” Trump Jr. said.

There's a very fine line between exposing a horrendous practice and exploiting a horrendous practice. Not sure this show fell on the exposure side, but admittedly I have not watched it and don't plan to.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

Blog Entries
    I’m about six episodes into Devs and I have to say I’m really into it. Very interesting, heavy look at the nature of life, as well as some quality sleuthing. I will say, though, it’s kind of a tough watch for this time. There’s almost no levity whatsoever; so if you’re looking to even crack half a smile during an episode, look elsewhere. There is no comic relief at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    There's a very fine line between exposing a horrendous practice and exploiting a horrendous practice. Not sure this show fell on the exposure side, but admittedly I have not watched it and don't plan to.

Jeannie
    I couldn't watch The Wolf of Wall Street after seeing an interview of Jordan Belforts daughter. She was livid he was making money off his story after he hurt so many people. She started crying while talking about all he did to her after he got out of jail.

6. Likes Jeannie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I couldn't watch The Wolf of Wall Street after seeing an interview of Jordan Belforts daughter. She was livid he was making money off his story after he hurt so many people. She started crying while talking about all he did to her after he got out of jail.
    Any money Jordan Belford made from the movie went towards paying back the money to people he'd scammed, I believe. So, a good thing to support it.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I couldn’t watch Wolf of Wall Street for the same reason lawyers didn’t watch How to Get Away with Murder or Suits. Just unrealistic delusional fantasy. I’ve been in finance. My Coke came from a vending machine.

9. Likes OhDark30, Perseus liked this post
    ^^ I hear you Raza

One of my earlier careers was in hospital labs, and watching medical dramas on tv was torture
    The tv doctors reeling off lists of the tests they wanted run, the instant results, the docs being so empathetic and listening carefully as the patient discursed on their entire life history

The reality? Abrupt doesn’t begin to cover it
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

11. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    ^^ I hear you Raza

One of my earlier careers was in hospital labs, and watching medical dramas on tv was torture
    The tv doctors reeling off lists of the tests they wanted run, the instant results, the docs being so empathetic and listening carefully as the patient discursed on their entire life history

Oh yeah, I’m sure medical dramas and cop shows must get under skin of the people who’ve actually worked those jobs. Like detectives getting in shootouts everyday. That just doesn’t happen. I’ve been to Hawaii—it’s not constantly battered by the hail of automatic Yakuza gunfire like the Hawaii 5-0 reboot would have you believe. It’s rather quite nice, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    ^^ I hear you Raza

...and it’s no different here on this side of the pond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    ...and it’s no different here on this side of the pond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’d totally be a doctor if it were like House. Are you kidding me? I get to sit in my office, bouncing a tennis ball and taking Vicodin all day, making guesses at diagnoses until I eventually get it right in about 38 minutes? Hell yeah, give me that life. That is the job I was meant to do. Barely do any work and make six figures? Sign me the hell up.

16. Likes mlcor, OhDark30 liked this post