Likes Likes:  173

Thread: What would you add to my collection?

Hybrid View

Goodbye SM300, hello Monaco.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

2. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Goodbye SM300, hello Monaco.
    It feels inevitable, but I keep bumping into the issue that they’re not very common, so finding a used one at a good price feel impossible, and they’re so much more expensive than they were just even a few years ago that the sale of my SM300 wouldn’t cover it. So I’d have to sell now, exercise self restraint for a period of time until I’m ready to spend more again on a Monaco. Realistically, even after selling the Omega, with fees and shipping costs, I’d only be about halfway to a Caliber 11. But then again, I’m 0% of the way there now.

Well, I guess I still have a couple other watches I’ve had sitting around that I’ve been meaning to sell too, I’d put them up for sale at the same time. So they may help to make up the difference.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    It feels inevitable, but I keep bumping into the issue that they’re not very common, so finding a used one at a good price feel impossible, and they’re so much more expensive than they were just even a few years ago that the sale of my SM300 wouldn’t cover it. So I’d have to sell now, exercise self restraint for a period of time until I’m ready to spend more again on a Monaco. Realistically, even after selling the Omega, with fees and shipping costs, I’d only be about halfway to a Caliber 11. But then again, I’m 0% of the way there now.

Well, I guess I still have a couple other watches I’ve had sitting around that I’ve been meaning to sell too, I’d put them up for sale at the same time. So they may help to make up the difference.

Get your watches sold, then you have a pile of cash ready for when the right one comes along. If you have a bunch to sell and you find the right Monaco at the right price, you might hesitate because you know you need to move some pieces to fit it in to your colleciton.

5. Likes Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Get your watches sold, then you have a pile of cash ready for when the right one comes along. If you have a bunch to sell and you find the right Monaco at the right price, you might hesitate because you know you need to move some pieces to fit it in to your collection.
    makes sense thats how this happened sometimes by the time you sold your watches to buy the one you saw could be sold ,you might not have got as much as you thought you would get for your watches any number of other things could be the case ..having the dosh in hand makes it so much easier
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jul 2, 2022 at 04:29 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

7. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Get your watches sold, then you have a pile of cash ready for when the right one comes along. If you have a bunch to sell and you find the right Monaco at the right price, you might hesitate because you know you need to move some pieces to fit it in to your colleciton.
    That certainly seems like the thing a responsible person with self control would do. I’m not sure that’s me, though.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    That certainly seems like the thing a responsible person with self control would do. I’m not sure that’s me, though.
    In this crowd, you're a model of watch buying restraint.

10. Likes Raza liked this post