Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Apple Watch Sighting

Apple Watch Sighting

Last night I saw Charlie Rose on his nightly PBS show wearing an Apple Watch. Looked ridiculous with the white plastic strap while wearing a suit and tie.

Charlie Rose normally wears a traditional, and I assume very expensive, watch. It's supposed to be a relatively "high-brow" show.

I was not impressed, to say the least.
    Last edited by scott59; Apr 30, 2015 at 04:27 AM.

Has anyone seen one in the wild yet?

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Has anyone seen one in the wild yet?
    Not me. The Charlie Rose TV sighting was the first time I've seen anyone wearing it. But maybe I just don't get around enough.

Yeah, I think it only went on sale yesterday, so early days yet, I'm sure I'll see one around the office before too long

Yeah, I think it only went on sale yesterday, so early days yet, I'm sure I'll see one around the office before too long
    Aha, I did not know that. That probably explains why Charlie Rose was wearing it yesterday. Time will tell, so to speak.

Yeh its not a good look with a suit -thats for sure
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

I've read that due to a faulty component and short supply of replacements, they are currently only selling them on line.

Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    I've read that due to a faulty component and short supply of replacements, they are currently only selling them on line.
    Ha ha, well done Apple

If gadget geeks want to use them as gadgets thats fine. I just find it annoying they are trying to pass these hunks of plastic errr gold off as jewelry.