Likes Likes:  28
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone making a big deal of Valentines Day?

Anyone making a big deal of Valentines Day?

I'm off to cricket but am going to catch up with my girlfriend for some fish and chips and a swim at the beach later in the day. I was talking to one of the girls at work and she told me that her boyfriend was off to the World Cup Cricket game betwen Australia and England. It seems romance is alive and well amongst Aussie males!
    Do you make a fuss? What are your plans.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

2. Likes Bwana liked this post
    Savagely Average
    I would not say I am going big by any means, especially considering last year (which was our first year of marriage). She is getting chocolate covered strawberries at work on Friday, and flowers on Saturday. My daughter is getting some valentines cake pops delivered at the same time on Saturday. We will go to a local pizza place that we enjoy for dinner, for their once-a-year heart shaped pizzas lol. They have the best deep dish I have tasted outside of Chicago.

4. Likes CamB, Ryan liked this post
    I'm taking the wife to the islands for 3 weeks, but surprise dinner at a nice French restaurant on the 14th.

6. Likes CamB, Mediocre, Ryan liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I have pretty big plans. I'm going to sit in the corner of my bedroom with the lights off and blinds drawn and drink bourbon from the bottle while listening to Johnny Cash.

8. Likes MarkO, M. Montaigne, Nokie, Ryan, Ryanpatrick liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Yeah, I have pretty big plans. I'm going to sit in the corner of my bedroom with the lights off and blinds drawn and drink bourbon from the bottle while listening to Johnny Cash.
    Have you tried online dating? Heaps of people meet that way these days.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

The wife and I will spend a quiet evening at home enjoying one another's company. I mentioned to my wife just this morning that every day is Valentine's Day for us and she agreed primarily because she feels sympathy for - well - you know, people like me.

11. Likes Chronopolitano, Nokie liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    Have you tried online dating? Heaps of people meet that way these days.
    Nah. Feels too inorganic.

Seriously though, I'm just not in a place right now to really worry about that sort of thing. I'm too damn busy. I'll likely spend all day Saturday studying and working on my brief and trying to find an internship, then around night time, I'll probably have a drink and watch a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Nah. Feels too inorganic.

Seriously though, I'm just not in a place right now to really worry about that sort of thing. I'm too damn busy. I'll likely spend all day Saturday studying and working on my brief and trying to find an internship, then around night time, I'll probably have a drink and watch a movie.
    Fair enough, by the way Johnny Cash singing "I Walk The LIne" is a a true classic.
    Regards Cam

Watches

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    Fair enough, by the way Johnny Cash singing "I Walk The LIne" is a a true classic.
    Yeah, Cash is great.

We don't usually make a big deal, but we are going to make nice dinner together. I hinted to my wife that (our) Costco has the Omega Speedmaster for a decent price

16. Likes Nokie, Ryan liked this post