Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice traveling case for a single large watch - fits big G-Shocks!

Nice traveling case for a single large watch - fits big G-Shocks!

So I have been wanting a way to carry 2 watches with me when traveling. It is hard to find cases for traveling that fit larger watches. Usually they only fit small classic size watches. The bigger G-Shocks won't fit these small cases. I found this great case made by Oakley specifically made for large watches. It's called the Large Watch Vault. It's made very nicely and seems very sturdy and protective. It's like a nice sunglasses case, it won't get crushed or scratched easily. Just put you watch in it and throw it in a bag.

Just wanted to share this. It fits my Frogman and Gulfmaster like a glove. Oakley also makes a smaller version that would be perfect for a 5600 type square. I might have to get one of those for my GW-5000.

Check it out -

Name:  IMG_1057.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  345.1 KBName:  IMG_1058.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  337.4 KBName:  IMG_1059.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  317.9 KBName:  IMG_1061.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  340.4 KBName:  IMG_1062.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  335.7 KBName:  IMG_1063.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  354.6 KB

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

3. Likes Phantasm liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    No problem! I enjoy sharing anything cool I find that relates to our watches. It was hard to find travel cases for larger watches, so I did a lot of reading of reviews and looking at pictures. Most of the other travel watch cases couldn't hold the larger case size watches.

Oakley must make some large watches too, which is great for us since the cases are able to be purchased separately. This thing is really high quality too. I will probably be buying one in the small size for my GW-5000, just for another option.

These have been mentioned before. Very nice.

"He's just a witness"

Very Nice!!
    when traveling i just wear my DW5030c and put a spare simple casio on my bag for backup or seiko dress watch if i have to go to dressy occations.. but if i got one of those, i could bring a spare G hehe..

thanks for sharing =)

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    Very Nice!!
    when traveling i just wear my DW5030c and put a spare simple casio on my bag for backup or seiko dress watch if i have to go to dressy occations.. but if i got one of those, i could bring a spare G hehe..

thanks for sharing =)
    If you are thinking about getting one for your 5030 square and a Seiko dress watch make sure to look into the smaller size. I'd hate for you to get the large size one and be disappointed as your watch moves around a ton inside the large.

8. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Aren't these discontinued? Where did you source it? :-)

-Sent using Rock, Paper and the occasional Scissors-

Quote Originally Posted by Whoa View Post
    Aren't these discontinued? Where did you source it? :-)

Larges are easy to locate, the small version has been disontinued & difficult to find for a while.

Yeah I've been looking for a while, but prices people are selling them for on eBay are ridiculous!
    Most of my watches are ~42mm.. Except the g-shocks.. So think the larger will be to big!
    But been looking at the Casebudi version.. Seems similar!

Quote Originally Posted by Whoa View Post
    Yeah I've been looking for a while, but prices people are selling them for on eBay are ridiculous!
    Most of my watches are ~42mm.. Except the g-shocks.. So think the larger will be to big!
    But been looking at the Casebudi version.. Seems similar!

The last 2 small versions I bought were $20 piece, BNIB...now they're asking $50 a piece. The Casebud is a knockoff, zipper isn't a good of quality, nor the outer shell as well built...but if it's to be used rarely it should stand up well enough. I travel a lot and pack lots of watches for my trips, The Pelican cases are the shizzle for me, they hold between 1 & 20 watches based on size....the knife tacos work great too, really heavy padded/great zippers, foam & "fur" lined.
    Last edited by Bwana; Feb 8, 2015 at 03:05 PM. Reason: typo

13. Likes Phantasm liked this post