Likes Likes:  61
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this make my wrist look fat?

Does this make my wrist look fat?

So, I was in the big city for a couple of days of meetings, and had some free time to visit some watch shops. Got to see a Ressence in the flesh for the first time--looked pretty cool, but a bit bulbous. Not that I would buy one given the price--way too expensive for a novelty watch you might wear once in a while.

Anyway, Tourneau had the exact watch that I've been musing over for my one big purchase next year, the Patek Philippe 5119g in white gold. I hadn't seen one close up until now, and wasn't sure whether 36mm would look too small on me. The fellow at Tourneau was nice enough to let me snap a couple of wrist shots (while he admired my Breguet Marine). So, what do you all think?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  56.9 KB

Views: 184
Size:  62.8 KB

Views: 197
Size:  67.1 KB

Size aside, it is a spectacular watch in person...

EDIT: comparison shot added.
    Last edited by mlcor; May 29, 2015 at 10:30 PM.

2. Likes iyonk, synequano liked this post
    I prefer (1000x) your VC. But this is just my - probably higly ignorant - opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I prefer (1000x) your VC. But this is just my - probably higly ignorant - opinion.
    It wouldn't be a replacement, heaven forbid. Rather, a complement to it for when I'm wearing a dark gray suit or something similar that doesn't work with brown leather very well.

Personally, it doesn't do a thing for me and I think it is too small; but that's just looking at it through the preferences of my eyes.
    If you're happy with it, then go for it. As always: Your money - Your choice.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Personally, it doesn't do a thing for me and I think it is too small; but that's just looking at it through the preferences of my eyes.
    If you're happy with it, then go for it. As always: Your money - Your choice.
    Thanks--I want honest opinions, no point in asking, otherwise.

I'm sure it's a quality watch with an equally expensive price tag and I'll eagerly admit my ignorance of such classic timepieces but I don't think that suits you mate

8. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Maybe it's just a fondness for that Patek but I think it's perfect. It's not supposed to look like a big clonky diver, after all but a subtle gentlemen s watch (and, dare I repeat the advertisements) an heirloom and as such should have a 'timeless' appearance rather than faddish apperance.

The horizontal strips however do add pounds to your wrist.

Agree it's a good size, not too small for a dress watch. Looks good on ye!

Can we have a comparision shot of the VC in this thread just for ummmmm.....comparision ?

I think it looks slightly odd but maybe it's just the placement, I usually let my watches sit down on the wrist joint more.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Can we have a comparision shot of the VC in this thread just for ummmmm.....comparision ?

I think it looks slightly odd but maybe it's just the placement, I usually let my watches sit down on the wrist joint more.
    Comparison shot added to original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk