Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Is it possible / feasible to modify a Nomos?

Is it possible / feasible to modify a Nomos?

I like the 38 Orion Datum Weiss but would like to have blued hands vs the silver hands (looks, legability etc), but don't want the gold markers that come with the blued hands.....

Are parts available to add blued hands to the Weiss model? Are ADs willing to make the swap?

Per the Nomos website, I got the impression that they frowned on that sort of thing.....

Ask Nomos, best and most trusted people to do the work

Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    Ask Nomos, best and most trusted people to do the work
    Per their website FAQ, Nomos don't appear to consider those sorts of swaps... That's why I was asking the question.

Regardless I'd put the offer in front of them in writing , telling them you'd offer whatever extra money you see fit to change the hands..

Can't see a simple hands change at production being such a big problem.....

5. Likes Marendra liked this post
    If you're willing to take the long way there you may be able to buy the watch and ask RGM (authorized repair center) to swap out the hands.

Are you in Denver now? I live south of Denver near Park Meadows mall.

..... long lugs though!!

Agree. Would have a few of these if the lug length was more reasonable for those of us with smaller wrists.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx