Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNN Interview with Michael Kobold about Nepal

CNN Interview with Michael Kobold about Nepal

Interesting interview on CNN this morning with Michael Kobold, the founder of Kobold watches. Apparently, he and his wife have twice climbed Mount Everest--the second time, his wife nearly died. She had stopped breathing, and one of their two Sherpa guides (who made both climbs with them) went and got adrenalin, etc., and revived her.

He said that after the second climb, he invested several hundred thousand dollars and set up a watchmaking company for the two Sherpas, in Nepal. Unfortunately, he said their factory has been wiped out by the earthquake. He has heard from one of the two that he is OK, and is waiting to hear from the other, who was apparently on the mountain.

It was quite a story. Plus now you know the founder of a "tough" brand walks the talk...

2. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    That's ironic, given Raza's mention of Kobold elsewhere earlier. Or was it what prompted it?

Blog Entries
    Weird. They just popped into my head yesterday for no reason.

I must have superpowers. Call me Vague-idea-of-something-mentioned-elsewhere Man!

5. Likes whatmeworry, gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Weird. They just popped into my head yesterday for no reason.

I must have superpowers. Call me Vague-idea-of-something-mentioned-elsewhere Man!
    Actually, maybe the recent tragic news from Nepal subconsciously reminded you of the brand.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Actually, maybe the recent tragic news from Nepal subconsciously reminded you of the brand.
    Possible. Or maybe it's that Netflix recently suggested the new Hawaii 5-0 (blech), where the main character wears a Kobold.

Possible. Or maybe it's that Netflix recently suggested the new Hawaii 5-0 (blech), where the main character wears a Kobold.
    That was an insanely bad show.

I remember Raza's comment about them from yesterday.

Pretty coincidental....
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    That was an insanely bad show.
    First season was kind of nice in a turn-your-brain-off kind of way, but it got really, really bad, really, really fast.

First season was kind of nice in a turn-your-brain-off kind of way, but it got really, really bad, really, really fast.
    I think I watched the first couple and thought "this is like a low budget direct to video action movie from the early 90s".
    Then I thought "actually I should just watch a low budget direct to video action movie from the early 90s instead"

Blog Entries
    I think I watched the first couple and thought "this is like a low budget direct to video action movie from the early 90s".
    Then I thought "actually I should just watch a low budget direct to video action movie from the early 90s instead"
    Haha. I liked a few of the actors, which is probably why I gave it a little bit more leeway.