Thread: Longine Hydroconquest

Longine Hydroconquest

Name:  hydroConquest_01869_3.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  57.4 KBName:  DSCF0194.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  41.3 KBName:  DSC_0742.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  37.0 KBLove this watch going to be my next purchase and first luxury watch

You are inspiring me to put mine back into rotating I love my hydroconquest. I have the one with the numerals all around the edge, but I sometimes wish I got the one with just the 12, 6 and 9. Great watch, excellent bracelet. One complaint: i'm not a huge fan of polished center lugs though. They are OK on my Milgauss but I'm happy my Hydroconquest doesn't have them and is brushed all around.
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.

I keep promising myself a Hydroconquest; but keep buying other watches instead
    Perhaps I should address that around my birthday .... Unless my wife's blown all my (would be) watch fund on a Florida holiday..... Again !
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

I do like engrave-decorated backs, which makes a nice change from the more recent trend for display glass backs.

The Hydroconquest is a great looking line of watches. I've been close on both new and used pieces but never quite found one I like, all of which seem to be quite "dated". I like this L36484966 for instance

Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Name:  hydroConquest_01869_3.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  57.4 KBName:  DSCF0194.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  41.3 KBName:  DSC_0742.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  37.0 KBLove this watch going to be my next purchase and first luxury watch
    i like the quartz the best. It"s a thermocompensated HAQ movement. I know some of them did less than 3 seconds/year!

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    i like the quartz the best. It"s a thermocompensated HAQ movement. I know some of them did less than 3 seconds/year!
    I have two hydroconquest: one automatic and the other (the newer) quartz. It is pretty accurate, yes, but it is not a TC HAQ. The movement is the Longines L115, equivalent to the ETA 955.112 a replacement for the older 555.115 and 955.114; definitely not HAQ. Maybe you were thinking on an older Conquest VHF?
    Last edited by CFR; Jan 29, 2015 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I have two hydroconquest: one automatic and the other (the newer) quartz. It is pretty accurate, yes, but it is not a TC HAQ. The movement is the Longines L115, equivalent to the ETA 955.112 a replacement for the older 555.115 and 955.114; definitely not HAQ. Maybe you were thinking on an older Conquest VHF?
    hm, to be honnest, donno, in "the old place" i participated in the HAQ forum, and there were some people who measured this watch. Therefore i always tought it was a TC HAQ...

9. Likes CFR liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Was there a recent refresh? That one looks different to me somehow. Very attractive watch though. Longines doesn't get enough dap, they make a lot of good looking watches.

11. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Great choice, very nice watches! They offer a lot of bang for your buck!