Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts

Your thoughts

Hey guys, long time no post, life has been busy. I am getting married next year to my long term partner and she has been asking what kind of watch she can buy me to mark the occasion. The budget is around $5000 Australian which is around Tudor Black bay territory. Probably will not get my hands on it until we get married but she is asking for an indication of what I might like.

So here is what Ive been thinking about.

Tudor Black Bay- always wanted one but not sure about color, I adore the black but I also have a mostly black watches, maybe red or blue would be something different.
    Name:  Tudor-Heritage-Black-Bay-79230-with-manufacture-movement-2016-8.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  72.3 KB

I have also been thinking of a Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope which I have also always wanted. Its a bit cheaper too BUT I am a little concerned that the acrylic crystal on these has a coating on it which apparently makes it hard to polish - a process I am quite familiar with with my Speedmaster. I am also concerned that there are no ADs for this in Australia meaning I would need to purchase online and would have no real service back up in this country.
    Name:  71TDqPJfNIL._UX342_.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  16.1 KB

I have also always wanted an Omega 2500 Planet Ocean but obviously this would be a second hand purchase and I'm not sure about buying second hand for such an occasion.

Love to hear your thought on what advice I should give her. Hope you are all well
    Cam
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

First, congrats on the occasion.
    I won't help with your choices but if you decide to go for a BB, I'd say let her choose the colourway and only make sure it's not one that you wouldn't like to wear (if any)?

Somehow, I think you have to pick a watch that has staying power, rather then short-term appeal. That’s not easy, but I might go for classic styles and colour combinations.

My personal favourite of the Black Bays is the Fifty-Eight -

Name:  D1823DF9-07C0-4D2B-89F1-A3FA9C1CCB27.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  39.3 KB
    Last edited by tribe125; Aug 7, 2019 at 01:07 AM.

4. Likes gnuyork, JAGtime liked this post
    The 58 is certainly up for consideration, I will try both sizes when I can get to an AD.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

BB58 for the Tudor would be my pick... but the Junghans is a nice option too for something different and clean...

of course, I won't ever talk anybody out of a PO 2500

Last edited by gnuyork; Aug 7, 2019 at 03:18 AM.

7. Likes CamB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    BB58 for the Tudor would be my pick... but the Junghans is a nice option too for something different and clean...

of course, I won't ever talk anybody out of a PO 2500

Beautiful, 42 or 45 mm?
    Regards Cam

Watches

For 5000 can you get into an IWC or Zenith?

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    For 5000 can you get into an IWC or Zenith?
    Aussie Dollar is only 67c to the US dollar at the moment
    Regards Cam

Watches

There's a limited edition grey dial version of the chronoscope out there which has a sapphire front (it was out in 2017 https://www.junghans.de/en/junghans-...ws/detail.html)

Model # 027/4725.03

One on ebay now and possibly other suppliers

Happy wedding thoughts
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    Hey guys, long time no post, life has been busy. I am getting married next year to my long term partner and she has been asking what kind of watch she can buy me to mark the occasion.
    My thoughts? Yes - based on this she sounds like a keeper so you should proceed with the wedding.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

13. Likes KingK, CamB, rodia77, Dimman, mlcor, hayday liked this post