Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Any Art Bell fans?

Any Art Bell fans?

Art Bell's new show is on live now. I'm a huge fan. I know it seems to be a "love him or hate him" kind of thing, but I love nutty late-night radio, and I think he's the best there is.
    It all started for me back in the 90's: I was out with a telescope, lost in space and time, and I was surfing the airwaves for something to keep me company. I stumbled upon an AM channel that was playing the radio feed of some cops chasing a UFO around Ohio. It was fascinating! I was hooked on his voice, delivery style, guests, and even some of the nut jobs like J.C. who call in.

So glad his non-compete clause has expired, and he's back!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

I wondered why he stopped hosting Coast to Coast. I work overnight, so that show sometimes kept me awake listening to all the crazies. I definitely like Art Bell better than George Noory. Art has a personality, whereas George just seems so bland.

3. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Never heard of the guy.

I've never heard of him, but I work from home so I'm hardly in the car listening to the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    I wondered why he stopped hosting Coast to Coast. I work overnight, so that show sometimes kept me awake listening to all the crazies. I definitely like Art Bell better than George Noory. Art has a personality, whereas George just seems so bland.
    I agree. Noory seems like a really nice guy, but as a radio host in this genre, he's bland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Never heard of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I've never heard of him, but I work from home so I'm hardly in the car listening to the radio.
    Probably more well-known to those of us who skulk by night.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

I love Art Bell.

He has a way of extracting every last bit of lunacy from his callers and almost making it believable.

8. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    He keeps his shows entertaining if nothing else.....
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

10. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Probably more well-known to those of us who skulk by night.
    I am the night. I am vengeance. I am Batman!

It's probably best we keep this between us.

12. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I am the night. I am vengeance. I am Batman!

It's probably best we keep this between us.