Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, I think this is pretty funny...

OK, I think this is pretty funny...

So, after I bought my Vacheron from Jomashop, I received an email about a free gift card, and I got a code in a follow up email for a $500 gift card. Cool! I'm not looking for another watch right now, but I could use some more winders. So I go to the website, put some in the shopping cart, enter the gift card code...doesn't work. I try a couple more times, no dice. So I sent them a message via the website form, but a couple of days passed and I didn't get a response.

I then called them, and after some time on hold (good system, keeps you pretty accurately updated on how long it will take), I talked to someone and he placed the order manually (never got an explanation why it didn't work), no problem. Should have the winders in a week or so.

Here's the funny part--today I got the following answer to my inquiry as to why the gift card code didn't work:

"Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. You are correct there is a typographical error and the dial is white with a brown band.
    I have informed the appropriate department and they will be correcting it shortly.

Thank you."

Awesome, huh? I suppose somewhere in the world there's someone who got a completely non sequitur answer about gift codes to their question about a watch dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously!

3. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    That's why I only eat avocados with my good fork.

5. Likes JAGtime, mlcor, shemp, popoki nui, geoffbot, Colin liked this post
    It could be a 'sign' for your next watch... white dial and brown band... (i know.. i know... no watch for a while hehehe)

7. Likes mlcor, is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    It could be a 'sign' for your next watch... white dial and brown band... (i know.. i know... no watch for a while hehehe)
    Correct! Anyway, pretty sure I know what my next watch will be--Geoffbot's Grail.

9. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Correct! Anyway, pretty sure I know what my next watch will be--Geoffbot's Grail.
    What's that? An AP 15300?

11. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Name:  index.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  13.2 KB

13. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1428564361995.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  90.9 KB
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

15. Likes I-B, mlcor, Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayseed Brown View Post
    What's that? An AP 15300?
    AP 15400, the newer version, the 15300 is discontinued. But not until next year, so Geoff has plenty of time to get mentally prepared. And I haven't decided for sure.

17. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    I don't think being a rocket scientist is a prerequisite for working at Jomashop based on my experiences with them as well........
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx