Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where do i find my entrance number?

Question where do i find my entrance number?

dunno if this thread already exist, but hey, where can i find the number of my entrance here on IWL? Thx

The quickest way is to look at your profile: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/member.php?584-I-B
    the number is in the URL, 584 in your case

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    The quickest way is to look at your profile: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/member.php?584-I-B
    the number is in the URL, 584 in your case
    Depending on your browser, you could just hover over your avatar or user name link to the left <<

The address comes up at the bottom of screen on mine as you hover over a hot link (firefox) and with that you can see the 584 in the address

Do note that we only have about 520 members. But the member ID's grow a bit more than twice as fast due to the by now 700+ banned spam accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Do note that we only have about 520 members. But the member ID's grow a bit more than twice as fast due to the by now 700+ banned spam accounts
    WOW! so much spam/banned accounts???? :O

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    WOW! so much spam/banned accounts???? :O
    There are so many arseholes all around the world all wanting to plant links 24/7 to shit on any sites that'll let 'em (even for a moment before getting banned), they all deserve to be hung drawn and quartered.. and their internet connection severed.

Blog Entries
    95% of Moderation work on a forum is banning spammers and cleaning up spam posts. It's very glamorous.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

8. Likes I-B, is that my watch, T Bone liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    There are so many arseholes all around the world all wanting to plant links 24/7 to shit on any sites that'll let 'em (even for a moment before getting banned), they all deserve to be hung drawn and quartered.. and their internet connection severed.
    Is it individual people doing this or computers that run, install (whatever the phrase is) the spam?

For a part for sure. I guess with the help of some auto-form fillers.

Also betting that of those 700+ banned spam accounts, there are fewer than 350 actual offenders. I doubt many register only one account, probably registering multiples in the hopes that one or more might pass under the radar even for a short time. But the Mods would know with more certainly, as they can see the IPs (blocks of or related IPs) and the time registered, and the spam content itself, so they would see the evidence that one was being a repeat offender (not that it matters, it's still a bunch of work for the Mods).
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!