Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Interesting article about a musician and his watches

Interesting article about a musician and his watches

Okay, I fully admit this isn't what I was expecting. Pras Michel, a member of the Fugees (not really familiar with him or their music, I'm more of a classic rock old fart) shares his collection in International Watch magazine. There's one quote in particular that I loved. Full link to the article is below the quote.

Like so many successful rappers in the 1990s, Pras paid a visit to Jacob & Co., where he was shown a tray of diamond watches.
    “I said ‘I’m not looking for some gaudy, ostentatious bullshit.’ I want a great timepiece.’” When a new tray arrived, his eyes immediately locked onto a platinum Audemars Piguet Ultra-Thin Royal Oak Skeleton. “It sounds crazy, but that was the first watch I ever bought.”

http://iwmagazine.com/2015/07/pras-michel/

Hah! He finally got his Sky Moon!

He had an interesting talking watches episode on Hodinkee a little while back (he didn't have the sky moon back then but talked about wanting one).

https://www.hodinkee.com/blog/video-...ches-with-pras

This 5100J from his collection was particularly interesting I thought.

Last edited by tempocalypse; Sep 18, 2015 at 02:17 PM.
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

3. Likes rfortson, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tempocalypse View Post
    Hah! He finally got his Sky Moon!

He had an interesting talking watches episode on Hodinkee a little while back (he didn't have the sky moon back then but talked about wanting one).

https://www.hodinkee.com/blog/video-...ches-with-pras

This 5100J from his collection was particularly interesting I thought.

Did you read the little blurb where he says a guy was wearing this Patek and was robbed. The robber grabbed the watch, looked at it and threw it back because it wasn't a Rolex. It was just an $80k Patek. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    Did you read the little blurb where he says a guy was wearing this Patek and was robbed. The robber grabbed the watch, looked at it and threw it back because it wasn't a Rolex. It was just an $80k Patek. LOL!
    Haha yeah I just saw that!

6. Likes rfortson liked this post
    Yes, I watched this video a while back. I have enjoyed the couple videos I have seen from Hondinkee, though, I have only seen a few.

Blog Entries
    There are a few musicians here on IWL, but for some reason Hodinkee doesn't want to interview people about their humble collections of affordables, Russians, Chinese or vintage watches... sniff.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

9. Likes Der Amf, mlcor, rfortson, Nokie, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    There are a few musicians here on IWL, but for some reason Hodinkee doesn't want to interview people about their humble collections of affordables, Russians, Chinese or vintage watches... sniff.
    The very latest interview from 3 days ago with chef Brad Farmerie featured both a Sistem 51 and a Strela Sekonda!

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/talking...-brad-farmerie

11. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Being a Bach fan I misread that a "Fugue" and so ended up a bit disappointed. Still, he can't be all bad.

13. Likes rfortson liked this post
    I will stick to "old Fart" rock and roll......
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

15. Likes rfortson liked this post