Likes Likes:  8

Thread: My latest addition: the Tudor Heritage Black Bay Blue

My latest addition: the Tudor Heritage Black Bay Blue

Hello everybody,

We have had an excellent year businesswise, at this time we are 21% above last years performance, so I thought I would get myself a new watch. Last year I bought the Omega Planet Ocean 45,5mm, a great watch.

Those who know me know I am pretty fond of the boutique watches, I have had my share, 99,9% were toolwatch divers. I did notice the last months my preference has changed from toolwatch to a more dressy diver so I started to make a shortlist (looking for a "vintage vibe") and this is what came out in random order:

1. Longines Legend Diver
    2. Mido Multifort Two Crowns Diver
    3. Eterna Heritage Super Kontiki LE
    4. Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Diver
    5. Hamilton Pan Europ
    6. Doxa Sub 4000/5000 Sharkhunter
    7. Tudor Pelagos

And a forummember pointed out "I am missing the Black Bay" so that one was added also. I then started the "best" part of buying a new watch: the hunt! Reading a lot on the net, visit some AD's here in the Netherlands and finally decided that it was going to be a Tudor, just wasn't sure about the model...... But in the end the Pelagos was too much tool for my current preference, the Black Bay Red a bit too flashy so I went for the Black Bay Blue!

So when another forummember made me an offer I just couldn't resist (2 months old, hardly worn) I found myself in my car on my way to the Tudor, always a strange but pleasurable sensation, does anybody recognize that?

So we sat down, talked about a lot of things, coffee was good and in the meantime this white box was on the table as well, I could touch it if I wanted too. It was screaming "Hee! Hee! Here I am, pick me, pick me!" At least, that is what I heard.........

And then, finally, the unpacking could begin!

And out it came, the black laquered box. So much attention for detail and everything just screams QUALITY. You can feel the weight of the total package, I know a lot of you don't care about the package, to me it is an important part of the overall picture.

Opening the lid and there it is: the Tudor Black Bay Blue!

There is also another strap included, it looks like a NATO but it certainly is not! Very well made, buckle is a reflection of Tudor as well.

It also looks great on some leather that was included.

The lugs are so typical for everything out of the Rolex-factory.

The lume is excellent as well, charges easy and is visible all night, well at least for about 7 hours.

As you can see the color of the bezel changes from midnicht blue to black depending on the light.

The silver markings on the dial, the chromed indices, the black dial itself, all says Quality. As soon as you have it in your hands and on your wrist you can feel all the hard work, dedication and love from the Tudor-people. I have had many watches the last years but nothing comes close to this, not even the Omega Planet Ocean.

The 60 click bezel is a piece of art, I have turned bezels a looooooooot of times but I have never felt a bezel with action like this, So precise and clear, I could turn this bezel all day!

Between the big unguarded crown and the case there is a midnight blue ring, exactly matching the color of the bezel.

The solid steel bracelet is very well made, no fancy stuff like dive extention or a ratcheting clasp but extremely well finished, especially the buckle.

The screw down back is not spectacular but a plain piece of work with the words Suisse, Geneva and Tudor engraved.

Apologies for the dust and smudges, I am a very happy man, I absolutely love the comfort (41mm in diameter, 10mm in height) and it runs at + 5 sec after 3 days. This might be a keeper........

Eric
    "Don't count the days but make the days count"

2. Likes OTGabe, birdynamnam liked this post
    Beautiful watch and great write up.

I really like that one. Very subtle, yet obviously very nice.

Enjoy!

4. Likes epezikpajoow liked this post
    Congrats on the BBB! I tried the red BB the other day and I have to say, they are fine watches, enjoy it!

6. Likes epezikpajoow liked this post
    You picked a winner. I was unsupervised before an appointment yesterday afternoon and found myself near ADs for Rolex ,Tudor, Omega and Blancpain. The Black Bay Blue was the one that was calling my name too, which surprised me. I had thought either the new Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial or BP Bathycaphe would have sung to me, but it was the BBB.

8. Likes epezikpajoow liked this post
    lol, "unsupervised".

Only a WIS would speak those words.

10. Likes epezikpajoow liked this post

My latest addition: the Tudor Heritage Black Bay Blue

Quote Originally Posted by RobotAZ View Post
    lol, "unsupervised".

Only a WIS would speak those words.
    Hahaha indeed, didn't even notice it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by epezikpajoow; Nov 22, 2014 at 06:18 AM.
    "Don't count the days but make the days count"

Great pictures.

That deep blue color really goes with almost any strap/bracelet combo. Very nice.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

13. Likes epezikpajoow liked this post
    Great choice! I'm a long way from a new purchase, but it's definitely on the short list when the time comes.

15. Likes epezikpajoow liked this post