Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grey side of the moon

Blog Entries

Grey side of the moon

Have we discussed this one. I really like it

The case, caseback, bezel, crown, pushers and buckle of this 44.25 mm timepiece are crafted from the same ceramic material. Engraved on the caseback is the name of the watch: “GREY SIDE OF THE MOON”.

Distinguishing the Speedmaster “Grey Side of the Moon” is the Super-LumiNova tachymetric scale on the brushed ceramic bezel – another first from OMEGA. The numbers and marks on the bezel have been engraved and filled with Super-LumiNova making it possible for the wearer to read the tachymeter scale in a variety of lighting conditions. The Ω symbol on the crown is also filled with Super-LumiNova.

2. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    It's cool - I like it better the the darkside, but I still prefer the moonwatch.

4. Likes -JP liked this post
    I've asked a few times and that is one that seems to have fallen on a back burner. Omega had a big release video and write up for Basel, but it was not shown as a 2014 model on there site. When you ask people with Omega you just hear it's coming. Supposedly it is white when they start and then after firing it turns the grey color. This is the Lunar Dust model. Price in the US is suppose to be the same as the DSOTM so $12K and supposedly +500 Swiss Francs in other markets. The DSOTM is a piece of artwork and the Omega video of them hitting the case with a hammer kind of lessens the fears of the various shattered IWC and Panerai all over the web. The watch is a technology tour de force that only thing missing is a master co-axial 9300 movement so it could be fully anti-magnetic. I'm guessing that will be coming at some point down the road.
    Last edited by Samanator; Dec 4, 2014 at 01:09 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Its a pretty cool watch.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

A few are out there. I really like it.
    It's disqualified from my Want List for not having a bracelet but I'd hate to see the price if it did.

Crap name, though. It was originally called the Speedmaster Lunar Dust (which it didn't contain). Now, after the Dark Side of the Moon, they've gone with this when surely, if they were going for consistency, it would have be [I]Light[I]Side of the Moon. It's not like Grey Side of the Moon even means anything. The whole bloody thing is the same colour.

8. Likes Bwana liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I think I would freak out a bit about having a ceramic case.

10. Likes Bwana liked this post
    An absolute home run. Is that gray ceramic?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    A few are out there. I really like it.
    It's disqualified from my Want List for not having a bracelet but I'd hate to see the price if it did.

Crap name, though. It was originally called the Speedmaster Lunar Dust (which it didn't contain). Now, after the Dark Side of the Moon, they've gone with this when surely, if they were going for consistency, it would have be [I]Light[I]Side of the Moon. It's not like Grey Side of the Moon even means anything. The whole bloody thing is the same colour.
    Wow so you've see one out in public?
    Cheers,

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    An absolute home run. Is that gray ceramic?
    Yes it is.
    Cheers,

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yes it is.
    So cool! I would blow a gasket deciding between that or the DSOTM.