Likes Likes:  27,403
Page 666 of 1195 FirstFirst ... 1665666166566646656666676686767167661166 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,660 of 11944

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Cool, I'll have a looksy at that thread. Thanks for the link.
    Cheers, Sedi

Name:  Screenshot_20200629-154339_Gallery.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  47.6 KBName:  Screenshot_20200629-154322_Gallery.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  41.7 KB the Seiko I spoke of just previously arrived today , lovely solid piece in , super legible , super smooth seconds, it had a newish Seiko bracelet which I'm not fond of being lightweight so i have swapped that out for now with a super heavy tag bracelet that suits it fine , will look great on leather or nato too so will have fun with that

Good acquisitions, Sedi and shameless.

Would that be a Swiss 6497 in the Parnis?

4. Likes shameless liked this post
    Crown & Buckle burgundy Supreme nato, shipped 20th of April.

And some S&P 500 shares too...

Sent from Maxwell Smart’s shoe.

This one arrived and I have to say, carbon copy looks aside, it’s very impressive for the money. Nice case, sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel, decent cyclops, auto movement, solid end links all for £70.
    The bezel has a bit too much play in it, and the bracelet doesn’t fit me (1 too few links are removable) but other than that I’m very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@tribe125
    No, it's a Seagull or another Chinese replica. But I've one of them in a "Corgeut" and it runs pretty well. According to some, the Unitas copies are among the better Chinese movements. However, I have no idea how many companies make those. It's certainly not only Seagull.
    Cheers, Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    @tribe125
    No, it's a Seagull or another Chinese replica. But I've one of them in a "Corgeut" and it runs pretty well. According to some, the Unitas copies are among the better Chinese movements. However, I have no idea how many companies make those. It's certainly not only Seagull.

That’s what I thought, but I didn’t want to make assumptions.

I’m sure the movement is fine, considering the likely sum paid - and that’s not a cheap shot.

According to Wikipedia, the movements are made by Sea-Gull:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parnis_Watches
    I paid a bit less than the asking price on eBay. Can't really complain about the price. A Corgeut would have been even cheaper however. But I wanted exactly this one with that particular case and the sandblasted finish.
    Here is a Corgeut with a similar dial but different hands and case. Besides, I already have one of those generic Corgeut "Pilot's" watches. Same seller btw. It might even be possible that all those watches are from the same maker but I did't really do much googling about the source.
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/44mm-CORGEUT-black-sterile-dial-luminous-6497-hand-winding-movement-mens-watch/114215879464?hash=item1a97cc0328:gmcAAOSwDbBdpVHw
    Found some info that Corgeut and Parnis are in fact different companies. I quite liky my Corgeut even though some say (over at the old place) they are not "worth" collecting. But the longer I buy watches the less I care about brand or image. As long as I like the looks and the movements seem good enough (let's face it -- a Seiko 7S26 or 4R36 is also not "haute horlogerie" but that doesn't mean the Seiko 5s aren't worth collecting). By now I have had enough Swiss brands to know that the not really spectacular lume on the Corgeut is on par with Hamilton or Glycine .
    Last edited by Sedi; Jun 29, 2020 at 05:08 PM.
    Cheers, Sedi

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Couldn't resist this one as I just thought it looked great (I know it's modelled very closely to the Zenith "Pilot" but IMO not close enough to be an "unbranded fake"). Besides -- back in the day there were lots of similar watches. I haggled the price down a bit, too. And I bought from that seller before. Now the big wait begins. I guess in a few months I'll be suprised by 3 watches being delivered as I am already waiting for one from the US and one from Japan. Now one from Hong-Kong, too. Guess I should buy locally if I want my stuff quicker.
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/sandblast-46mm-parnis-black-dial-6497-hand-winding-deploymant-clasp-mens-watch/114212938946?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid =p2057872.m2749.l2649

Congrats, Sedi. As is almost always the case with your acquisitions (over quite a few years now!), I find myself intrigued and interested in hearing about your experience with the watch when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Sure thing but it will probably take a while...
    I was planning on maybe doing a few reviews in the future. But the problem is -- when I was really active over at the old place, I had a lousy receptionist job working nights in a hotel where I worked 3 hrs and surfed the forums for 5 -- basically being paid while writing reviews and moderating. Nowadays I am self-employed (make a lot more money of course) and time became an issue. Also the fact that I type all day in my current job.
    But I will definitely share my impressions once that Parnis gets here. Funny thing though -- I just noticed that the description says 46mm -- quite huge, and I never noticed that before. lol. So it might be in the same league as the Glycine Incursore I had for a short while (sold because of the lousy lume but that was because it was an older model with tritium on the hands).
    Last edited by Sedi; Jun 29, 2020 at 07:10 PM.
    Cheers, Sedi