Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swatch runs and stops when not worn

Swatch runs and stops when not worn

And no, before you also it isn't a Sistem 51...
    I got a second hand quartz Swatch a while ago from eBay and it has a weird fault. If you leave it it will stop after a while (often within a few minutes), but if you wear it, it runs just fine.
    I thought it might be battery related, but I put a fresh one in and the problem persists. Any thoughts?

well that's different hmmm lose battery cover maybe as when being worn you are holding it closed tight ? and when not it could be loose ? you got a pic of the back with the battery cover on and off ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Here you go

what size battery are you using a 371 or a 389 some times if it is the wrong battery it does not sit tight in the movement and so it is loose when not worn.

have you a close up off the battery compartment just wonder if the contact could do with a bit more contact as in to bend it up a bit more so when the battery goes in it holds it tight maybe ( but be very very careful you can snap the contact easy would try this only if there is nothing else left to try
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Cheers mate. It's a 390 as that was what was in it when I got it.
    That said, taking it out and putting it in again seems to have got it running with no problems (yet) off the wrist

6. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    could be the battery then some times poeple will just put in one for sales that not the right one I got a few swatch and they seem to take different battery's got one from mid 90's that take a think 371 then I got a mid 93's and it takes a 389 and one from 2000 and something think 2004 that takes another can think what it is of the top of my head so I would take a glance at the swatch date bank to see what they recommend for that model I have not got the link to hand but maybe I-B might or he may have some ideas on this as he is a mad swatch collector so he might have heard something I ant as I just a slight angry watch collector haha
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Der Amf - what battery does your Pumpkin Rebel take?

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    could be the battery then some times poeple will just put in one for sales that not the right one I got a few swatch and they seem to take different battery's got one from mid 90's that take a think 371 then I got a mid 93's and it takes a 389 and one from 2000 and something think 2004 that takes another can think what it is of the top of my head so I would take a glance at the swatch date bank to see what they recommend for that model I have not got the link to hand but maybe I-B might or he may have some ideas on this as he is a mad swatch collector so he might have heard something I ant as I just a slight angry watch collector haha
    Thanks mate - appreciate the thoughts

well taking a look the 390 seems right for this one
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

just check my one from 2000 and something and it is a lr1130 which is a 389 funnily enough
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy