Likes Likes:  46
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, that was unexpected.

Well, that was unexpected.

My wife's birthday is this weekend. A number of things she wanted fell through, so she say " You can always get me another watch." She actually has a pretty big collection. Three or four dozen,mostly mechanical. We discover that Tissot now makes 33mm Powermatics and I convince her of one somewhat outside her comfort zone (leather strap and bronze chapter ring). One more look around leads us to a jeweller who is getting out of Tissots and we find a women's size Powermatic, all steel with an MoP dial. This is much more her comfort zone and the price is really good.

Then she says I deserve a reward for all the work in the back yard as well as this weeks plumbing nightmare. I've been after a cheap and cheerful black dialed super casual piece for a while. So here is my new beater.

It is the Powermatic version of the PRC-200. 200M water resistance, sapphire front and back, screw down crown, Superluminova Romans and hands and a comfy 39mm. I am not sure about the bracelet but the price was ridiculous. My wife paid less than the asking price of my Seiko 5. Is it up to the standards of my Rados? No. Is it better than my Seiko5? Orders of magnitude better!

Nice! Sometimes it does work out taking the wife watch shopping
    I only had that happen once, but managed to walk away with one at the same time myself at her suggestion. Congrats that is a slick looking piece, especially at that kind of price. Enjoy it.

3. Likes Henry Krinkle, JAGtime liked this post
    Very Nice ...... but

Caseback
    Name:  1395714601retPaintingsoritdidn'thappen.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  56.6 KB

also:

Wife's watch

That's a lovely bit of kit. I confess for a moment I thought that it was an autoquartz and got really excited, but the reality of an eighty hour reserve is no disappointment. Nice buy.

6. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Wow that's some beater! Why so cheap?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

8. Likes Henry Krinkle, rfortson liked this post
    Magnificent watches on deal! why cant i be lucky enough to get these kind of deal

congrats and thank for sharing!

10. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Happy birthday to your wife and congratulations to you on you new "cheerful beater"! Well, both of you must've done something right and Power Supreme rewarded you for that! Now, as seriously said, can we see some pics of your wife?
    Last edited by BlackNomad; Jun 26, 2015 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Nice! Sometimes it does work out taking the wife watch shopping
    I only had that happen once, but managed to walk away with one at the same time myself at her suggestion. Congrats that is a slick looking piece, especially at that kind of price. Enjoy it.
    Thanks Chase. It is well finished for it's price.The Luxury I bought for my wife is clearly nicer, but this will do nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Very Nice ...... but

Caseback

also:

Wife's watch

I have a bit of a backlog so...