Likes Likes:  2,773
Page 102 of 198 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1973

Thread: Today I want one of these

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Lack of running seconds and insufficient delineation for the hour indices would kill it for me, but it sure would be a conversation starter. Not sure I've ever seen guilloché on an enameled dial.
    With the full res picture, the dial work is amazing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    I had a chance to purchase a Ming 07-09 but passed as I thought it would be too small at 38mm.

I came across this Etien recently with an enamled, engine turned dial - 40mm and 9.7mm thick. Looks quite nice - and at less than half the price of the Ming. Series of only 25.

Attachment 114028

I am very attracted to Ming, and the lack of running seconds has turned me off (among some subtle things.) This has many of the flaws and few of the benefits. I still want a Ming. I want the right combination at those prices.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Well Walter. Isn't it lovely that we all have different tastes

Tbf we used to like almost identical watches and I'm sure there are still crossovers. But do we all end up looking at avant garde options once we've owned a few normal pieces? I certainly am.
    Many micro brands are doing so much more interesting things than mainstream ones.

4. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Many micro brands are doing so much more interesting things than mainstream ones.
    Many people (like my wife) use the term interesting as a nice way of saying ...OK...I don't really like it. So from what I see from many micro brands they sure are interesting. Historical designs last because they are good and classic. I would buy a Ming though and almost have on a few occasions. That being said not all Ming appeal to me in the same way not all Rolex, Omega or GS appeal to me.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

With the full res picture, the dial work is amazing.
    Yes, but they did not finish it and the chapter ring thing just looks wrong.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Been looking at DateJust pics lately... I can't decide if I prefer the white, silver or black dial if I were to go for one... but this white dial is not seen much, even on the internets. I'd go for Jubilee bracelet though...

Photo courtesy of nashvillewatch.com

HOWEVER... I should just give up on the idea...I knew Rolex prices have gone crazy, but it's been a while since I have checked in... batshit crazy.

36mm OP (Tiffany blue dial) $25,000 - what?!

The 41mm version is $34,000!!

There's a Patek listed for $320,000...two of them.

I guess this white dial DateJust at only $1250 over msrp is a bargain (said sarcastically).
    Last edited by gnuyork; Jan 27, 2022 at 09:59 PM.

I'm with you on the bracelet. A jubilee helps to separate that watch from a Sub.

And yep, prices are, well, I don't have the words for it.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

9. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Yes, but they did not finish it and the chapter ring thing just looks wrong.
    I like it, but the chapter ring could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Been looking at DateJust pics lately... I can't decide if I prefer the white, silver or black dial if I were to go for one... but this white dial is not seen much, even on the internets. I'd go for Jubilee bracelet though...

Photo courtesy of nashvillewatch.com

HOWEVER... I should just give up on the idea...I knew Rolex prices have gone crazy, but it's been a while since I have checked in... batshit crazy.

36mm OP (Tiffany blue dial) $25,000 - what?!

The 41mm version is $34,000!!

There's a Patek listed for $320,000...two of them.

I guess this white dial DateJust at only $1250 over msrp is a bargain (said sarcastically).
    Someone on another forum got this:

Name:  WI100002_wempe_01.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  27.5 KB
    https://www.wempe.com/en-int/watches...women-wi100002 (yep, the 36mm ones are in the ladies section)

Appeals to me so much more than DJs.

12. Likes hayday, wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Someone on another forum got this:

Name:  WI100002_wempe_01.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  27.5 KB
    https://www.wempe.com/en-int/watches...women-wi100002 (yep, the 36mm ones are in the ladies section)

Appeals to me so much more than DJs.
    I forgot about that one. I've checked out the men's version when I was looking into integrated bracelets styles. the 40mm in a white dial would be pretty nice.