Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnetized?

Magnetized?

My wife's Breitling SOH 38 was running intermittently fast. I got the watch back from my watchmaker today, he said it was a sticking hairspring. We ended up talking about a million other things, so I neglected to ask him if it was just magnetized. Is that what generally causes a sticking hairspring on a watch that has been serviced in the last 12mos?

As a bonus, he gave it a quick polish. Looks better than when I dropped it off. My wife is happy.
    Last edited by happyscrappyheropup; Jun 5, 2019 at 06:30 PM.

Could well be, unless it was contaminated with oil.

A work neighbour of mine has a Rolex (I think anyway, it might be an Omega), and I spotted him refitting a huge 15inch Tannoy vintage loudspeaker into its cabinet .......

I said what the heck are you doing , you’re wearing your watch ! , he had NO IDEA of the risk.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post

A work neighbour of mine has a Rolex (I think anyway, it might be an Omega), and I spotted him refitting a huge 15inch Tannoy vintage loudspeaker into its cabinet .......

I said what the heck are you doing , you’re wearing your watch ! , he had NO IDEA of the risk.

Did he mention it running fast next time you saw him?

I got him to take it off !
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Blog Entries

Just how strong is the magnetic field coming off one of those? Can't be so much as to trouble a modern watch, especially a modern Omega.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Just how strong is the magnetic field coming off one of those? Can't be so much as to trouble a modern watch, especially a modern Omega.
    They're fricking H U G E man

Name:  iczzketc31bj3fiuoz5v.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  115.6 KB

a modern watch
    Watches for SALE:

Your neighbour is going to listen to a vintage 15 inch Tannoy and you think his watch takes precedence over his ears?!

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Your neighbour is going to listen to a vintage 15 inch Tannoy and you think his watch takes precedence over his ears?!
    He doesn't listen to them, just trades in them.... seeks out and buys them here , then sells them to crazy people in Japan etc

That model can sell for £1500-£2000 - each driver !! - without cabinets !!
    Watches for SALE:

9. Likes CFR liked this post
    He doesn't listen to them, just trades in them.... seeks out and buys them here , then sells them to crazy people in Japan etc

That model can sell for £1500-£2000 - each driver !! - without cabinets !!
    Ah! Selling them is not only perfectly fine, but even meritorious.

11. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Blog Entries
    They're fricking H U G E man

Name:  iczzketc31bj3fiuoz5v.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  115.6 KB

15,000 gauss​ huge?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking