Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watch Makers Contact Info - North America

Watch Makers Contact Info - North America

In the states, I wholeheartedly recommend Tyson Niemeyer at Twin Cities Watch Repair. http://tcwatchrepair.vpweb.com/
    She came highly recommended and has done great work for me at astonishingly reasonable rates.

2. Likes man of kent liked this post
    Ruslan at the Sears watch repair counter in the Natick Mall. He's done nice work on my vintages pieces. Spa for the oldies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

Andre Fleruy in our area is awesome.

Their expertise in servicing/restoring are second to none.
    Last edited by Nokie; Jan 8, 2015 at 10:32 PM.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Watch Makers Contact Info - North America

I've read on a number of different occasion that a compilation of trusted watch makers and their contact info would be a valuable resource in here. Well, I just concluded my second job, so I'm only working a total of ten hours a week. In other words, I have more than enough time to compile the list together. If you're willing, feel free to make a reference. I'll organize everything by country and who submitted the recommendation and repost the list. I can also add additional info, if you feel the need.

B.-

6. Likes Colin liked this post
    I read good things about Al Archer in Canada all the time. I was going to contact him about having a watch serviced, but I heard he had a medical issue and wasn't taking on more work.
    In the end, I decided not to put another email in his inbox.

Watch Makers Contact Info

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I read good things about Al Archer in Canada all the time. I was going to contact him about having a watch serviced, but I heard he had a medical issue and wasn't taking on more work.
    In the end, I decided not to put another email in his inbox.
    If he's the guy located in London, Ontario, I can confirm he's not taking any work right now. A close friend who used him all the time told me he is only finishing what has in the shop, due to his medical condition.

However, if you have other suggestions, post away.

B.-

9. Likes Imitation of Life liked this post
    I seem to remember reading something good about Nesbit's. But I'd rather hear something recent about them from a member.

And a watchmaker from California was mentioned recently, but I can't remember his name.

By the way, this a great idea - gathering the info and putting into a single thread. It would make a good sticky with a link to a Google doc sorted by country or something like that.

This other forum, if they can be trusted, has a list for North America: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/reli...ad-943758.html

Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    Glad this thread got bumped again. As most of the content thus far has been centered on those in the old country, I was curious if there were any other recommendations for US based places. I've got several pieces on deck, my Rolex and Tag for sure, and that vintage omega my son found. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I have been happy (so far) with http://www.abellwatchmakers.com/. I typically ship 3 at a time for re-grooving.

My local jeweler just lost their watch repair guy to retirement and now send things to http://www.unitedwatchservices.com/
    - so far, I have insufficient data to comment on them. In the time they have had my 1963 Omega, I've pushed 6 watches through Abell. I hope the Omega returns to me some time this decade.

La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    I've put all the North American info in this thread and left the other one for the UK.

14. Likes Der Amf, bu11itt liked this post