Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded day has arrived

The dreaded day has arrived

My kid asked us what is sex. Dang it.

2. Likes MarkO liked this post

4. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I know of some websites that can help explain it.

Haha- I didnt think parents had to expalin anything in this day and age, I gave up when my son gave me about 4 series of "Game of Thrones" to watch after he told me how great it is.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

7. Likes pepperami liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by bolaberlim View Post
    My kid asked us what is sex. Dang it.

Before we go any further, 'Kid' could span quite a few years... are we talking under 8 say , or somewhere between that and teen ? or what ?

I'm sure you can deal with sorting it out between you and your lady though. - Good Luck bro

VERY glad I don't have kids.......Good luck.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

10. Likes Seriously liked this post
    I had to field some fairly challenging ones about death from my four year old while pottering around the rather fine new mummy exhibition

http://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_o...ent_lives.aspx

at the British Museum the other day. She suddenly grasped that mummies contain real people who clearly were no longer getting out much and that this had wider implications...

I'll take sex any day of the week.

Mind you, I don't think I'm going to take her to this anytime soon:

http://wellcomecollection.org/exhibi...itute-sexology

The link and embedded video may not be entirely safe for work...
    Last edited by Matt; Feb 15, 2015 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Before we go any further, 'Kid' could span quite a few years... are we talking under 8 say , or somewhere between that and teen ? or what ?

I'm sure you can deal with sorting it out between you and your lady though. - Good Luck bro
    7yo girl. Didn't go too bad though. Apparently a girl in her class told her it's something grownups do naked. So first she asked my wife what it was, and my wife called me, when I stopped coughing I asked her what she wanted to know and she just wanted to confirm that there is indeed nakedness involved. After I confirmed it, she said "that's gross!" and that was that. Let's hope it stays that way for a few more years.

13. Likes Seriously, Matt, jsw41 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I had to field some fairly challenging ones about death from my four year old while pottering around the new mummy exhibition at the British Museum the other day. She suddenly grasped that mummies contain real people who clearly were no longer getting out much and that this had implications...

I'll take sex any day of the week

Mind you, I don't think I'm going to take her to this anytime soon:

http://wellcomecollection.org/exhibi...itute-sexology
    Had the same problem back in October, It was way harder than this. Way harder.

15. Likes Matt liked this post
    We have a 13 yr old dominican girl who we help out. We got her into school and she stays over some nights. Bearing in mind my eldest is a 9 yr old boy there have been some interesting changes in the direction of some conversations in our house when she is around.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

17. Likes M. Montaigne liked this post