Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a watchmaker recommendation

Need a watchmaker recommendation

So I had previously talked to Al Archer about having my dad's Omega Constellation put back to working order (which is unfortunately not an option now) and sending it to Omega would be insanely expensive (like over $1k).

Does anyone have any recommendations of a very good watchmaker to do work on this watch? I don't mind shipping it overseas although I would prefer not to.

I just sent a watch to ABC Watchwerks, who has a stellar reputation. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Craig, at Chronodeco, is also supposed to be very good.

3. Likes Bwana liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    So I had previously talked to Al Archer about having my dad's Omega Constellation put back to working order (which is unfortunately not an option now) and sending it to Omega would be insanely expensive (like over $1k).

Does anyone have any recommendations of a very good watchmaker to do work on this watch? I don't mind shipping it overseas although I would prefer not to.
    Have you had a quote from omega? my buddy got his broad arrow chrono serviced for the first time the other day (he's has it for 10 years) and omega (via watches of Switzerland store) quoted him "from £450 depending on what needed doing". Came back polished - bracelet too, new hands, pushers, crown, some other bits I forget...all in at £450. I was impressed.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Jack at IWW is very reasonable for movement servicing. Might be worth an email.

Depending on what work needs done, and which model we're talking about...I highly doubt 1k is in the ballpark.

If you're looking for an authorized service center than I'd go to Nesbits(great reutation), and if a great Omega servicer(not authorized)I'd go with Edvi at ABC Watchwerks. ABC does fantastic work, just got one of my pieces back from him...I have a very rare watch to send him soon, and have no reservations about his quality of work.

7. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Depending on what work needs done, and which model we're talking about...I highly doubt 1k is in the ballpark.

If you're looking for an authorized service center than I'd go to Nesbits(great reutation), and if a great Omega servicer(not authorized)I'd go with Edvi at ABC Watchwerks. ABC does fantastic work, just got one of my pieces back from him...I have a very rare watch to send him soon, and have no reservations about his quality of work.
    It is a '60s pie pan Constellation. It needs more then just a service. It will only run a few minutes at a time. I will contact ABC Watchwerks.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Have you had a quote from omega? my buddy got his broad arrow chrono serviced for the first time the other day (he's has it for 10 years) and omega (via watches of Switzerland store) quoted him "from £450 depending on what needed doing". Came back polished - bracelet too, new hands, pushers, crown, some other bits I forget...all in at £450. I was impressed.
    Wow. I was told by the guy at the Omega boutique it would be a lot more then that.

It is a '60s pie pan Constellation. It needs more then just a service. It will only run a few minutes at a time. I will contact ABC Watchwerks.
    \

No way the charge will be anywhere near 1k, unless gold needs recapped or something. A quality movement service and cleaning, bout half that.....anywhere reputable.

If you're in the US, contact EDVI...he'll hook you up
    Last edited by Bwana; Feb 3, 2015 at 06:34 PM.

Wow. I was told by the guy at the Omega boutique it would be a lot more then that.
    That '60s pie pan Constellation is probably older than the boutique employee , he doesn't know servicing costs in detail either.

Check out Christian the watch guy blog in the uk it seems like his cup of tea he is very good been looking at his work for a couple of years,he goes into all aspects of high end vintage watches.
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

13. Likes scottjc liked this post