Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nomos online shop

Nomos online shop

Has anyone in the UK ordered from the Nomos online shop . If so did you have to pay vat on delivery .
    The store says price includes tax and delivery but when asked by email they said they don't charge vat.

Thanks Mark
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

The price quoted online in GBP is the price you pay (VAT already included)

I am trying to find out if there is a vat reg number on the invoice so I can reclaim the vat as the watch leaves the UK

As it leaves the UK? It will be leaving Germany, won't it?

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    As it leaves the UK? It will be leaving Germany, won't it?
    Going from Germany to UK then to Turks and Caicos .
    I decided to skip the online shop and MrsO is going to the Wempe on Bond St at the end of the week.
    That way I save 20% on the UK price, Wempe can handle the forms for the refund .

Lovely place, Wempe on Bond Street... one of my favourite places.

Pictures please....?
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Going from Germany to UK then to Turks and Caicos .
    I decided to skip the online shop and MrsO is going to the Wempe on Bond St at the end of the week.
    That way I save 20% on the UK price, Wempe can handle the forms for the refund .
    No, you save 16.66666% on the UK price , unless you're gonna wangle a deal better than just getting the VAT removed

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Pictures please....?
    I wish ! but I am at home and MrsO is travelling so I don't get to visit the shop personally. She is on a mission to get my birthday present, I gave her 2 sides of paper printed with details and photos but it is going to be her choice for me. A bit like the last time I bought her a handbag.

The lady I have been speaking to at Wempe London has been very pleasant and hopefully she can steer MrsO right. I have pointed her in the general direction of Nomos, with a couple of Max Bill options and even the Wempe own brand as a random element.

The question about the online shop came up because I am impatient, but the process of VAT (sales tax) reclaim seemed harder to manage and I do like getting my 20% back.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    The question about the online shop came up because I am impatient, but the process of VAT (sales tax) reclaim seemed harder to manage and I do like getting my 16.66666667% back.
    Fixed that for you , (see my post above)